SoCal Getogether!!!

DrStrangelove

I've posted something similar on the SigForum board.

I'd like to get a feel for how many Southern Californians are out there and propose a "shooting day" where we could all get together for some fun and comradery (sp?).

Reply with your location and contact info if you're interested. Or we can simply set the whole thing up here. If I get locations, I can look for a range that is somewhat central to all of us and set something up. I'm thinking breakfast to start the day and then off to the range.

I'd prefer to find something outdoors to take advantage of the beautiful SoCal weather, but we can discuss this too.

Let me know,
Brad
Los Angeles

SoCal Getogether

Sounds great! Count me in - if I'm in town when it's scheduled.
I live in LA, but have a car (duh!) and will commute 100 miles or so.

Well, that's four

On the quick, four ain't bad. I think I have one on the sig site, too.

Let's let it run see how many we can get together. We could shoot (pun intended) for the 22nd or the 29th-- like I said, I'd prefer an out door range.

I know our one taker, Cullen, The300lbGorilla is a good hour east of LA in Fontana-- so, while Santa Barbara is a FUTURE trip, I don't know if it'll fly for the first one.

Ambidextrous1 is in LA with me, so, we may want to focus slightly west to make it a decent ride for the Gorilla and not too far for Ledbetter to come down.

Does anyone know of any ranges out that way?

Brad

PS
Ambidextrous1-- where do you shoot? Cullen (Gorilla) and I go often enough-- perhaps you'd like to join us more frequently. This goes for any other locals, too.

Try this in the "Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises" forum. Like the listing shows - This section is for topics related to actual shooting sessions, including Range issues, Training and regional Gatherings. Additionally, Instructors can post tips and Students can post questions.

Player to be named later

My schedule is pretty full for first part of summer, but get the rest together and maybe I can get in on it. I'm in Redondo and the only real close ranges are indoors (Sharpshooter's, Lax Range and I think one out in Paramount?).

Would anyone be interested in shooting out in the desert? Who says we have to shoot at a range? Meet at a restaurant at a given time and then head out? Just a thought. There are lots of places like this an hour away from the San Fernando Valley- If not I'd still be up to meeting w/ y'all-

Sidearm-:)

I could probably make it on the 22nd but most likely on the 29th.

We have some choices off the 210 and 15 freeways:

The West End Gun Club is on the same road as that going out to the Lytle Creek range, but about 15 miles closer. I've only shot at the small lower range, but it's pretty nice (covered shooting area). There's maybe a mile of dirt road to the range house. Pricing is similar to that of the Lytle Creek Range:

http://www.jmallard.com/westend.htm

The Lytle Creek Range has ranges from 50 yards out to around 300 yards, with steel plates at the ~200-250 distance. It's pretty nice (much better than the old days), but the benches at the longer ranges fill up quick. The last few miles to the range is dirt and pretty much washboard:

http://www.turners.com/engage/events_lytle.php

Burro Canyon is closer yet, but the road, Azusa Rd, is pretty heavily patrolled and about 12 miles to the range. With the exception of the last few hundred yards, the road to the range is all paved.

http://www.burrocanyon.com/info.html

Angeles Range, S. Fernando Valley

Angeles Range is my favorite. It's outdoors and not expensive. LAPD shoots there. Off the 210 in Little Tujunga Canyon up Osborne St. I think it's technically in Lake View Terrace. There's a monument near there to Rodney King worth visiting (just kidding). They have a website.

Burro Canyon...

The Gorilla and I have been talking about heading up to Burro Canyon anyway. It seems like we MAY have found a place that most are aware of and some prefer.

Is there concensous that we should focus on this as a range to meet at and June 29th as a date? If so, let's get planning. Like I said, I"m partial to meeting earlier at a diner for eats and the like.

Is Burro Canyon also a dealer? We should get a committed number of persons and call them to set up a deal for range time and discounts on factory/reloads if you're planning on purchasing there.

Lets hear what you think.

Did someone say “Bruegger?”

Oh, “Bueller.” Nevermind.

I'm partial to the Angeles Range since it’s a lot closer for me, but I could be persuaded to meet at Burro Cyn. Not sure if I can make it on the 29th; need to check with the Chief of Staff & I'll get back to you.

Semper fi,
Bruegger out.

Nice...

Looks like we could make a pretty nice day of this. Why don't you bring the COS with? Does she shoot? Doesn't matter-- just try your damnedest to come out. We should have a blast.

As far as venue goes, I think Burro would be better for our first meeting. I know Cullen and I would (and will soon) go to Angeles, but there are some coming from down South and some coming East, I think Burro is most feasible at this point.

I'm going to contact Burro and get some details.

Brad

You know, Ledbetter...

I knew I liked you for some reason. My dentist still doesn't understand why I cringe when he questions my refusal of a fluoride treatment.

Reminder

This is happening FOR SURE this weekend- whether there are two or twenty of us. I contacted Burro Cyn and left a message. Unfortunately, when they called back I wasn't home.

I'll be speaking with them tomorrow and posting all details then.

Hope to see more of you join up for the get-together.

Brad

Back