So, what did you carry this week?

KyJim

I've seen the "what did you carry today" threads and thought I would ask what you carried throughout the past week.

For me, it was:
  • Dan Wesson CCO .45 acp
  • Colt King Cobra .357 mag (new model)
  • SW M&P Compact 9mm
  • SW Model 38 Airweight .38 spl
I carried the SW Model 38 a couple of days in the vest pocket of a coat as a second gun. It was easier to access while seated in a car than a gun in a belt holster.

Same gun/guns, same place, every day for me. Glock 17 and a 26, depending on whats going on any given day.

Glock 23 IWB + spare mag + Shield 40 in weak hand front pocket, everywhere including 2 mile walks with my dogs.

ABSOLUTELY, and for good reason.

A firearm is not a doggone fashion statement!

Hear, hear!

I don't think I'll ever understand unnecessary "carry rotations" when it comes to firearms.

I get moving to something more compact but similar in function for deep concealment. But the constant changing just because? Nope.

I did not spend much time off the hill today. When I do go it's a G23.4 loaded with that fancy Hornady ammo with the plastic tip. It's a bit too big, but another favorite is a HK USP compact in 45 ACP.

S&W 38 Special J-frame in a Desantis Superfly pocket holster to and from work.

Springfield 9mm 4" XDS in a Werkz Bisect AIWB otherwise.

Last three months has been predominantly my Gen 5 Glock 26 w/Ameriglo Bold NS, but a few times I’ve had my Glock 45 with the same sights on me instead, especially now with the weather finally cooling down.

Cyanide 971.

I love those Ameriglow night sights! Fitted prior to delivery. First-night sights, on a Glock that are mounted centre of the slide, and shoot to point of aim. They were made for Glock.

Walther PPS M1.
Lighter, more comfortable to carry than my 1911.
I carry that more when i'm dressing up, or plan on large crowd venues.

During the colder, more clothes, winter months, same every day..Glock 26 with 15R magazine...
'Sometimes' a spare 11R magazine in a 'snagmag'.

If clothes don't allow..Glock 42 with a 8R magazine with ClipDraw..and a 7R magazine in SnagMag.

BOTH with G9 self defense ammunition.

Since we are in the cooler weather period when I can wear an over-shirt it was my FN 1906 Vest Pocket and a 1942 JP Sauer & Sohn 38h in my old Brauer shoulder holster.

Back