So... There was a squirrel that wouldn't leave my basement

Had them come down my chimney a few years ago, while I was away for a week. what I came home to was NOT pretty. I hate squirrels since that incident. Since then I've had to kill only one that got into the house through a basement window, and he was dispatched with an arrow.

great workout

The last time I had a situation like this, I wore a heavy long sleeve shirt, leather glove and a hand dip-net. It got pretty busy but thankfully, he got tired before I did and managed to catch him and take him outside. I don't want to do that again. I have also used a small HavaHeart trap. .... :)

Be Safe !!!

I've had a squirrel try to kill us. Mean little b@stard!

The wife was driving my truck and began to freak out. Everything seemed fine to me so I asked. We were going about 50 mph and she said she was on the brakes. She let off and it picked up more speed. Idiot me wondered about neutral which just sent the RPM's up and having the transmission berate me for having done that. So I told her I'd do it again and to have her turn off the ignition pulling over to the side, but that she'd really need to be heavy footed on the brakes as we'd lose power braking. Nothing I could think of fixed it so we had a friend with a trailer take it to the mechanic. A squirrel had eaten its way through the air filter and was storing nuts inside the intake. A piece of chewed nut was stuck in there creating this situation. Luckily they cleaned that all out for free but then we also had to replace the rotors/pads and air filter. I also cut a piece of chicken wire and stuffed it down into the fender so it couldn't make its way back in. Been thinking about a pellet gun since as I see them mocking me often enough.

How could you miss such a glaringly obvious choice? The answer, the US model M2 flame thrower, with a maximum range of 40 meters you could have taken care of rhe squirrel, dobe a lovely remodel and had a side dish for thanks giving!

I built a small caliber minature machine gun to deal with rodents

This was fun, you can build your own machine gun to deal with rodents too.

I started with 2" PVC pipe as a safety housing / protective shroud.
I decided on very high speed .11 caliber (e-16) projectile with coaxial barrels pointing at each other to give them a 1-2 punch of billions of bullets when they walked between into the line of fire.

The machine gun was set to fire approximately a billion-billion bullets when the rat, mouse or squirrel walked into the line of fire.

Here's the machine gun from the outside:

qGGykWZ.jpg

Here's the coaxial (almost) aligned barrels inside the protective shroud:
2SLktv7.jpg

Yep, it works. Smoked rodent for Thanksgiving.
Tasty.
Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

(P.S. Blueprints available, please don't tell the ATF I built a ultrafast coaxial machinegun)

Back