So, the older I get....

So the older I get...

I've carried since I was probably 20 or so and early on it was whatever I could afford. At the age of 57 I still prefer my SW9E and would like to go back to my EAA Witness that went many miles with me.

Rick H.

I thought you said you were getting "older"??? "closing on 50?" :eek: OMG!!! Are you sure you'll be able to handle a pistol and a walker at the same time? :)

Just giving you a hard time . . . .

I don't consider myself "old" and I'm 65 although I feel old some days. I have usually carried a Smith Model 36 and don't even know it's there. At times, it's a Combat Masterpiece K frame. I have always felt comfortable with a revolver and 5 or 6 rounds - but I am soon to change to a swim-auto double stack 45ACP compact and I'll gladly put up with the extra weight for the extra rounds and bigger caliber.

If I felt confident with a SAA, I'd probably carry similar to Bob and what he shows in his photos. I shoot a lot of SAA, but for my personal carry, it's not the best choice for me.

Age is a state of mind though . . . carry what makes you feel comfortable and what gives you peace of mind. A lot of folks are carrying pocket guns these days and they'll get the job done if needed.

I actually prefer my 6" 357 over all the other pistols but there are times when I carry my 45 Colt. I never thought of it as a fashion statement. I am as good with either but I have been carrying the 357 since 1971.

Back