So Now Looking at The DA/SA system

I can't speak to the Sig, but on my Beretta 92 I swapped out the D spring with a lighter weight spring and it smoothed my DA pull drastically. The reduced weight made a world of difference for me

All factory triggers require work right out of the box. Doesn't matter if it's a DA, SA or DA/SA. Has to do with the fear of liability law suits the MBA's running the firearms companies have. It's also why most warrantees are voided if you do a trigger job or any other modifications.
Just changing the springs can help, but a proper trigger job done by a smithy who knows what he's doing is best.

All factory triggers require work right out of the box. Doesn't matter if it's a DA, SA or DA/SA. Has to do with the fear of liability law suits the MBA's running the firearms companies have. It's also why most warrantees are voided if you do a trigger job or any other modifications.
Just changing the springs can help, but a proper trigger job done by a smithy who knows what he's doing is best.
I have to disagree. This sounds more like a sales pitch for custom trigger makers and gunsmiths. ;)

It seems to me these days, everyone is "trigger phobic" and worries more on their triggers than they do about actually shooting the gun.

Personally, I think its more of an excuse for their shortcomings, than anything else. If for whatever reason they cant seem to shoot the gun well, its got to be the guns fault. Its not going to be theirs.

Out of all the guns I have, and I have a few, I have exactly "one" rifle, that has a trigger that wouldnt be considered "factory", but it is a factory match trigger for the gun. I got the gun used, and it came with it. I wouldnt have bothered otherwise. I have no troubles shooting any of the guns I have, and I dont think (consciously anyway) about the trigger when I shoot, and thats not where your focus should be anyway.

In this day and age, even with all the litigation worry, normal factory triggers are really pretty good. If you cant shoot the gun well, its likely not the guns fault.

I agree with changing the mainspring on the SIG P-Series if it's too heavy for you.

I think SIG has the nicest of the DA pulls with CZ being up there as well. But I don't like anything else about CZ, so I'll refrain from that.

I don't *need* to change anything on a SIG except for adding an SRT kit. Aside from that if you want some more DA goodness, try adding the 17lb mainspring from Wolff. I have that along with a Bruce Gray flat trigger on my MK25 and it's heavenly. Even more so than it already was.

My EDC is a Heckler and Koch USP 9 Compact. All I've done to it is add a nickel-plated sear. Cleans it up a bit.

Anyway, if DA/SA is going to an issue, I'd recommend switching over to striker-fired pistols. :)

Really hoping to find a club member or a shop where I can shoot the Grand Power P11.

k7xQ7yh.jpg

That is Steel!

hbE5ZPW.jpg

Last edited:
Back