So Now Looking at The DA/SA system

chemcal

Sig DA/SA P series have way too heavy first pull for me. I have little experience with this platform(old revolver guy). Are there "better" DA/SA ccws to consider(something like a P250 first pull)? -- looking for compact size with about 12 round capacity

Sig DA/SA P series have way too heavy first pull for me. I have little experience with this platform(old revolver guy). Are there "better" DA/SA ccws to consider(something like a P250 first pull)? -- looking for compact size with about 12 round capacity
Glock 26?

Have you tried the Legion?

I love my CZ 75 Compact.

I changed the internal springs. In SA/DA it is about 4/9 lbs.
b0ec9a366ef4f25ab4ed00eb999a18c0.png

Apart from that, there’s a CZ polymer version in Compact that you can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can lighten up the DA trigger pull of a SIG classic P series pistol significantly just by installing a reduced force mainspring. This will also reduce the pull weight for the SA trigger pull slightly, because of the positive sear engagement angles and through reduced friction on the sear/hammer engagement surfaces. That is true for most other DA/SA pistols as well.

On the SIG P226 or 229 a 19 lb mainspring is probably as light as you should go on a self-defense pistol. For range use, many use a still lighter spring.

heavy?

I shot and carried a P220 quite a bit for 20+ years, and the rest of the agencies 1200 or so rangers did too. Served as an armorer as well and handled quite a few in addition to my issue gun. Trigger pull "feel" can be a subjective thing, but no Sig DA/SA handgun that I dealt with was excessive, ie, seemed noticably heavier than a traditional DA revolver.

I quit shooting the Sig much after retiring, and anytime I do shoot it these days, the pull seems "heavier".....but only because I'm used to something else.

Sig triggers can be improved. Many years ago I handled one that had been worked on by a smith that worked at Guns and Ammo in Memphis. It had one of the best DA triggers I've ever experienced.

What about a S&W 6904/6906? DA/SA with 12 round capacity. If you don't like the trigger pull weight, swapping a Wolff reduced power hammer spring is a 10 minute job.

I find that CZ pistols have a smooth DA trigger after they smooth out. As for weight IDK, but my full size 85b has a very smooth pull and I don't think about the weight.

They make a subcompact CZ RAMI but I know nothing about the trigger. I do know that people that are used to shooting striker fired guns exclusively tend to struggle shooting DA. I'm sure this doesn't apply to everyone.

I would try to get your hands on a CZ P-01. The pull may be a little on the heavy side, but it is smooth. One unique thing is that the decocker drops the hammer into half-cock instead of full hammer down position. I find that it significantly decreases the length of the trigger pull compared to other DA designs

Beretta Compact PX4 with the Cougar "D" spring. Best DA/SA trigger pull with just a little work. 15 rounds. Rotating barrel make for accurate, light recoiling gun.

Take a look at the Bersa Thunder .380 Plus and see what you think. You may have to call around as gun stores like to only stock the super expensive brands.

I owned and shot a number of P Series SIG's over the years, and other than a couple of P6 police trade ins, that had somewhat noticeable different DA triggers, I always thought that their DA/DAO triggers were really quite nice.

The P6's werent bad either, just heavier. I replaced the mainsprings in them, more for commonality than anything else, to bring the triggers more in line with the commercial SIG's I had.

Im not a trigger phobic person, and 99.9% of my guns, handguns or long guns, have stock factory triggers in them. I shoot a lot of DAO revolver, so Im used to that type of shooting, and actually prefer it over any of the single actions, revolver or auto. My P245 was a factory DAO gun (not DAK), and it was probably the nicest DA SIG trigger I had. The P250's were nice too, but a tad long. Not that that was a problem, they were good shooters too.

Personally, when I hear complaints about triggers, especially these days, I usually figure its a shooter issue, and not a gun issue.

While I have had a couple (exactly 2) of former Com Bloc DA autos that had horrendous DA triggers, they were not the norm across five plus decades of shooting all manner of firearms.

A CZ is heavy enough to anchor the Queen Mary, a S&W 669 is a DA/SA semi auto with a 12 round mag is much lighter and easily cońcealed. I changed the bobbed hammer to one with a spur out of a 5906.

For a full-sized pistol, my CZ75 is easily my favorite. The trigger is excellent.

My Sig P229 is a little bit smaller and lighter, but its trigger is great too.

For a small 9mm, I haven't found a DA/SA pistol better than the Glock 26 or 43. I've owned and traded away several other small 9mm pistols. The Glocks are just better.

Back