So Much For, "Buy a 9mm Cause You Can Always Find Ammo For It"

This going to cause some blowback. If you are loading .38 spl or +P or .357 to be used in a .357 revolvers, Small Rifle Primers work just fine. Load a few up just check to see if your hammer has enough power to strike the primer and set it off. Brisance of a SRP is about the same as a Magnum SPP.
Down to 2000 SPP to be used in other cartridges and had an excess of SRP and used them in the revolvers. Very slight increase in fps. which I assume corresponds to slightly higher pressure, and the harder cup proved no problem with the .357s.
Trying 9mm bullets in .38 loads, be interesting to see if there is a loss of accuracy. Trying to use everything in my inventory to prevent spending outrageous money in todays market.

Right now I have 8000 spp’s, 12000 srp’s, 5000 lpp’s, and 5000 lrp’s. I got caught short on supplies 10 years ago, never again. I also have 70+ lbs of various powders, tons of brass, but could use more projectiles since I’ve loaded most of mine up being stuck at home this summer due to pandemic.

You seem to be in good shape. Don't know if you shoot plated bullets but if you do X-treme and Everglades have most of their bullets back in stock, albeit at higher pricers.

Yup. I’ve bought thousands from both of them over the years. I just made a big score on some 6.5 bullets this morning. 1800 for $185.00, 1000 140gr Sp, 500 139gr FMJ, and 300 130gr SP’s. Pretty tickled about this deal. A while back I picked up a thousand 55gr SP’s and a thousand 62gr FMJ BT in .22 cal From Everglades for my AR’s and they are consistently 3/4 MOA. I’m pretty happy with them and they were very reasonably priced. I have all the 62gr loaded and about half of the 55gr ready to go.

Back