So I did it again..

The price difference between a Professional and a TRP Champion would indicate a significant improvement in quality/value. The resale on the TRP didn't seem to hold up very well. Is it really just a matter of a handfull of Ed Brown pin parts?

The gun functioned fine right out of the box but the extractor had zero tension but still functioned. There are better parts out there so I replaced the ones I wanted to and thought were important such as the pins, extractor, and I like CS springs from Wolff, they last a long time. I was unaware that the mainspring that comes with the ed brown rebuild kit was a #19 so I installed the wolff one I had which is a #23, it has just a bit more tension when cocking the hammer.

OP naturally it is your pistol for you to modify at will.
However the springs are designed to be functional in a way that you don't seem to understand,to begin with they balance each other there is a purpose for their
respective specs and unless you have a reason for the change all you are doing is throwing the arm out of balance.You say you swapped mainsprings because
the hammer feels a little stiffer to you,the main spring not only stores hammer energy but absorbs it from recoil so you could be doing one of two things,increasing the chance of battering somewhere or delaying somehow full slide retraction.In addition to that because you also swapped firing pin springs
you could be causing firing pin drag or even weak primer strikes.

No please, all comments welcome.

It sounds like you have achieved exactly what you wanted to achieve and gotten as close to perfection with your pistol as you are going to get within the limitations of the Springfield platform. So whatever you are doing it working great for you.

I would not worry about the reputation of the gun parts or how well replaceable parts hold up in the long run. They are replaceable.

You are very accurate in your statement. I have just ran another 350 rounds through it and it is exactly where I want it. Now it is perfect to me. I definatly like the Wolff mainspring #23. It is pretty stiff at first as are all Wolff springs but once it takes it's set it will be even better. I like that it brought the trigger pull up a small amount. CS springs last a lot longer than standard springs so I like using them. I am really happy with the parts I have installed. I think I will install just one more and that will be the Ed Brown hammer strut. And then it will be finalized.

Back