Snubbies

I see them in the Northeast for $549 NIB. You can get the blued version used but in fine shape for about $350. --LBC

$550? That seems very high. I got my 642 new in May of 98. Checking my records, I paid $339. I wouldn't be surprised if the price has gone up a bit, but over $200 seems extreme...

M1911

I prefer a cloth "holster" for J-frame pocket carry: a handkerchief to protect the snout. As a bonus it provides a tail to stick out of the pocket, adding an innocent look. When drawing, I figure it might distract the BG a second or two if he thinks I'm about to sneeze or cry and am reaching for a hanky. I wear baggy pants, so printing's not much of a problem. I do have Thad Rybka, ruff-side-out pocket holsters for the J and my Seecamp -- really nice holsters -- but have used them rarely since coming up with the cloth method a couple of years ago.

Clark,
I've used that method with a .32 Guardian, but I am curious about one thing. How do you prevent your trousers from being spoiled with gun oil? Do you keep your weapon dry?

About two months ago, the 642 going for about $400 at my local gun shop and the blued version was about $340 if I remember correctly (In the Southeast). I went to another gun shop yesterday and they had the 642 for $400. I ended up with the 637 (which is the hammered version of the 642) about two months ago. I really like my 637, but I sometimes wish I had a 642, but since I don't carry my 637 in my pocket, the hammer has not been a problem.

I guess us Northeasterners just get taken to the cleaners at the gunshops! Shoot, at you fella's prices, I'd buy two 642's. Let's see, 10 rounds, that's still legal, right? :)
Best, LBC.

Back