Snubbies will never die!

I have some of the pictured ones: a Charter Arms Bulldog (44), Ruger LCR (38), and Taurus Model 85 (38, aluminum frame, no hammer spur). I carry one or another of them most of the time.

I also have an NEF like the one pictured, but in 32 magnum, and one of the Charter Arms in the same caliber. My wife uses the Charter Arms for HD when I am out of town. The NEF I bought for $120-something just to test the caliber out. It is quite functional.

For the range and plinking I much prefer a longer barrel. I see snubbies as something to carry or use for defense in some way. I prefer them for carry because I shoot them better than small semi-automatic pistols and they are more reliable for me. There will probably be people of this opinion for some time to come, so I expect to see them being manufactured and sold for many more decades.

That pink High Standard is very cool. I think I saw a turquoise one at a gun show once.

Hey Smee78,
You mean a snubbie like this Patriot .327 Fed Mag?
Can shoot .327's, .32 H&R's, .32 S&W Longs and even .32 ACP's.

Last edited:
My first CCW gun was a S&W 637. I still have it but my wife took it over and it is now her CCW gun.

It's hard to beat a snub for ease of use and concealment.

What feels as secure as a .38 Snubbie?

Almost anything, particularly if it fits my hand well enough to shoot it quickly and accurately. And the bigger the bore the better.

YMMV,
Dave

Back