Snake protection

I wear chaps. They are snake proof from about knees down. I once saw a pair of rattle snakes in TX doing a mating dance where they were extended every bit of waist high. At that point I was wondering if they made snake proof hip wader version.:eek:

I like the chaps better because they provide protection from thorns and other brush you might have to bust through. Also saves on your pants.

Along with a good pair of snake boots, you better have good insurance, I know 2 people who were bitten by rattlesnakes and their medical bill was astronomical.

I don't know how snake proof snake proof is, when I was a kid I was driving my grandads pickup, stopped to open a gate. A rattler struck at the tire and stuck his fanges in the side of the tire, the tire went flat, driving ripped the body off but the fangs were still in the tire. I found the body not far from the gate.
I don't have any boots tougher than a tire. Do you?

OLD SCHOOL,Burlap bags & garder belts,cheap & easy.Eastern diamonds, cooper heads.cotton mouth here.one size fits all, 4 layers of burlap fold to your size & belt.works for Me. Watch the ground is the best protection.:eek:

When I wear something for snakes, it is chaps. I got bit on the calf by a huge copperhead while wearing the chaps. He did not penetrate the chaps, but it is amazing the force those things hit with. It kind of felt like someone kicked me in the back of the leg. I can't imagine getting bitten by something like a mature Eastern Diamond back.

Thanks for all the recommendations. I ordered a pair of Donner Jackal II boots. I'll post about how they wear but hopefully I won't be testing the snake stopping ability.

Back