Smith & Wesson

Bucksnort1

All,

At one of those evil gun shows, this past weekend in Denver, I purchased a S&W 686 in .357 magnum. At home, I read the owners manual and other documents that came with the gun. One of them is a registration form. They give you the reasons for registering. One statement indicates the serial number, make and model will be kept on file for up to five years. Does anyone have a problem with this like I'm having? I'm talking about keeping records.

WVSig, good point except S&W doesn't have all the information on the NICS form. My thought is, it's just another place where gun grabbers could get information. Thanks.

It is a standard form in industry for registering a product for warranty/recall purposes. The information is kept by S&W and not sent to any government.

Had you bought any power tool or appliance, you would have seen essentially the same form, and I don't think any antis want to take away our refrigerators. If it bothers you, toss it.

Jim

Oh come now, Jim!

You know that S&W supplies that data to the UN so that they can do repeated chemtrail overflights on those houses...

:p

Maybe there is a conspiracy, after all. I bought and installed an in-duct humidifier and its warranty card required the name and address of the licensed contractor who installed it. So I have an un-warranted unit humming away right now; I hope it doesn't break.

Jim

I throw the registration forms in the garbage.

Never know who S&W, or any other gun company, will get for their next owner.

Deaf

Pretty sure warranties are honored regardless of sending in the card.
Just keep the purchase proof.
These days, while the manufacturer might not collaborate with the government, they sure do with advertisers.

But they have those 'recall' notices on the net a lot.

So I'll just wait till they are announced, no need for them to have info on me that will go to the NSA/CIA/KGB/IRS/DOJ whatever..

Deaf

I have the sneaking suspicion the government knows about me even if I don't fill in the S&W warranty card. When I had to file for my security clearance update, I sent along my FBI dossier number - saved them time.

Jim

When I had to file for my security clearance update, I sent along my FBI dossier number - saved them time.

JamesK, THAT'S FUNNY!

"So when you guys wanna update the info in that covertly-constructed dossier on me, look under this number...."

I have never filled out any registration card for tools, guns, appliances, etc. I don't need companies gathering information on me. I've never found those registration cards to be relevant the few times I've had to make a warranty claim anyway.

Why do people feel compelled to give out their personal information to companies they purchase something from? I don't get it, never got it. For that matter, I don't give out my telephone number when I get my hair cut or my address when some Box-Store cashier asks me for it. I used to explain why, but now I don't bother - I just make up fake phone numbers and addresses; fake emails as well. Yes, a true paranoid knows he's paranoid and is paranoid about anyone learning about his paranoia.:D

"But they have those 'recall' notices on the net a lot."

And yet not everyone sees them (likely only a tiny fraction of people see them). People still have to actively visit a page where the recall is mentioned -- they don't automatically pop up on every computer everywhere.

S&W is still getting 686s to modify, despite that recall having gone out over 30 years ago.

There's still an active recall out for Winchester 88s and 100s, and that's been in effect for nearly 25 years.

No form of communication is perfect, but mailing in your registration is probably still the best way of doing it.

Well I ain't gonna help them one iota.

Actually, the PROPER way of looking at it is....

I'm so paranoid that I'm not going to help them (S&W) help me even if there's a critical design/safety flaw in the product that I just spent hundreds of dollars on!

What.

Evah.

:rolleyes:

I always send in the registration forms because of the possibility of recalls. How else would I have known about my dehumidifier was a fire hazard. I had a 3 year old motorcycle helmet recalled this year for a dangerous problem. I sent the helmet back and they sent my money back.

You know that S&W supplies that data to the UN so that they can do repeated chemtrail overflights on those houses...

THAT explains it.

To the OP.

I'm way to lazy to fill out a card. If I can do it online, maybe.

If the government doesn't know I've got guns by now, well, they're just not trying very hard. It's not like I try to hide it.

I'm so paranoid that I'm not going to help them (S&W) help me even if there's a critical design/safety flaw in the product that I just spent hundreds of dollars on!

In gun rags S&W and others like Ruger post any safety warnings all the time.

I don't need them to get that and thus I don't need to send in any bs card.

Deaf

Back