Smith & Wesson Autos

Status
Not open for further replies.
TaxPhd: LOL - thats always a good idea. And I agree with you about Browning... His designs have literally shaped the new world.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Whoa! When did Kurt Wickmann bail on Novak?!?

------------------
Mossyrock
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask
not of your counsel or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands that feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget
that you were our countrymen. Samuel Adams

[This message has been edited by Mossyrock (edited October 27, 1999).]

I have a S&W 3914 (blue model of the 3913) I don't think it is made anymore. It is a good reliable little pistol. It is easy to take apart and clean. American Rifleman tested a 3913 a couple of years ago and they said it was the most accurate 9mm stock service auto they had tested to date. Mine actually shoots quite low (4-5 inches at 25ft). My only complaint besides that is that I hate the grips! They are too small for my hands. I rented a Glock 19 and shot both in an unscientific test and I would have to say that the Glock had a lot less felt recoil and was easier to shoot accurately at least for me. I usually regret it when I sell a gun so maybe I'll just buy a Glock and keep the 3914. ;)

------------------
God Bless America

I have the 5904 and 4505 (carbon steel 4506) and am very impressed with both. I thought of parting with them until I took them apart. They are very well engineered and made. They are keepers now along with my 1911s and Glocks. It's funny how one can identify individual needs for given pistols yet hardly use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back