"small step to prevent gun deaths---"

At one time the Brits were looking into banning pointed knives. So if you think what we're dealing with is silly, just keep in mind how much worse it could be...

Tony

The gun grabbers have been saying "We know this new law won't do much to prevent crimes but it is a good first step" for a long time. Meaning it is good for getting gun owners to accept incremental restrictions.

By far most gun owners see it as a chance to sell a crap gun to a stupid liberal. It does nothing to advance incremental gun restrictions even if that's the idea behind it...

Tony

Some years ago there was a heavily publicized gun 'buy back' in downtown Cincinnati. They were offering some kind of gift card (I think like $25 or $50) for a gun.

A local pawn shop went out and got the necessary permits and set up a booth outside the buyback location on the day of the event and offered to actually pay people for any real guns that showed up.

The outcry was a thing of beauty.

2A infringement.

I have seen a number of "positive" first steps that would help save lives, and shot-down because of 2A infringements. ....... :rolleyes:

One case in point;
We held a class of about 20 students where two of the students, were ordered by the court, to attend. Was that not a 2A infringement? They were young and their identity was not reviewed. We have the Eddy Eagle program but that has the NRA label on it. I have approached our local school-board about addressing some classes. Again, most parents objected because it was promoting firearm ownership and others objected because it was a 2A infringement.

Be Safe !!!

I fail to see how a safety class could be a 2nd Amendment infringement, in and of itself.

REQUIRING such a class before being able to legally own a gun, would be.

A judge ordering someone take a class means they've already been in some kind of trouble, and are under the jurisdiction of a court because of that, and therefore their rights (all of them) can be infringed, abridged, restricted or even denied if a judge so orders.

Should not be infringed

REQUIRING such a class before being able to legally own a gun, would be.
Totally agree and do not know the details of this case. I say again, mandatory training prior to being able to owning "any" firearm is unconstitutional. Fortunately there are folks who take that initiative, after the fact. ..... ;)

We all know there are those who can legally own and carry a firearm, that should not and those who can but won't. I feel obligated to do so. ..... :)

Be Safe !!!

Back