Small .25 auto?

FWIW: There is no Taurus equivolent of the Beretta Jetfire. I think the Beretta Bobcat is supposed to be similar to the Taurus PT-22/25 though. The Jetfire is smaller than those two.

Ben

I have a little Colt Vest Pocket .25 auto made in the 30's that is a hefty but very small piece. The gun is striker fired and the report is sharp and the safety is a bit small, but It also has a grip safety. It holds 6 rounds and its a bit larger than a pack of smokes. Hard to use if you have BIG hands or long fingers.

I think the kel-Tec is a much better gun given the size range but the little colt could do the same job.

Accuracy is well... its not meant to hit 25 meter targets, but you can certainly hit a pop can at 15 feet with fmj ammo.

These little pistols can be found all over the used market, as the produced in the hundreds of thousands.

You can also count me as a very satified Jetfire owner!

Almost 500 rounds through it without a hiccup. Because of the smallish caliber, I only carried FMJ in it.

It was my "everywhere" piece until I picked up my P32. FWIW, it still feels a bit better in my hand than the P32 - though a wee bit thicker, it's actually smaller than the P32.

I have an Astra copy of the Baby Browning made in the 30's. It does have a grip safety. When I bought it it had practically no blueing left so I refinished it and gave it a good rust blue finish. I carry it with hardball and I carry it chamber empty, I don't trust the grip safety that much.

.25 Pocket Pistol

I'm like Dr. Rob and have an old Colt Vest Pocket.25 I carry that when a bigger carry piece can't go along. It's reliable and better then nothing. I didn't see this mentioned but Beretta has a new one out called the Alley Cat,It comes with night sights and a pocket holster and is a .32 It looks interesting for a small pocket piece. Thought I would mention it FWIW ;)

I was amused about the comment about the "flurry of .32 recommendations". In point of fact, it's probably a public service to someone considering buying a .25 for carry to recommend the .32, what's wrong with that? You can have a .32 that goes anywhere a .25 does, and has over twice the muzzle energy, what's not to like???

the psp in 25acp is made by kasnar and sold by fn outside the usa. it is an identicle copy of the baby browning. it is 100% reliable with ball.

Add me to the jetfire fanclub. Had mine over 13 years, never had a malfunction.
I am have heard not much difference between ball and hp in this caliber.

25 acp not first choice but better then nothing

Once again...

I'm astonished at the number of us who own and are happy with our Jetfires! Mine is here beside me as I type. (But so is my Glock 27! :))

Kentucky Rifle

johnwill, I only made mention of the Alley Cat because it was something new and looked interesting. I'm totaly happy with my old Colt ;)It's always nice to have an Old friend go with you ;)

The Ally Cat is nothing but a Tomcat with night sights from the looks of it. Nothing really new there. I figure it's the newer wide-body design too, though I don't know how significant that difference really is, or even if the gun is any wider than the original.

Ben

Small .25 auto

Another testimonial for the Beretta Jetfire .25. I've had two of them and they have always been flawless. But.....(you knew this was coming), I recommend a Keltec P32. Smoother, flatter, lighter and more powerful.

Back