SKS..Which One

isc thank for your opinion as i was just giving mine. but as i said before "I" dont care for norincos nor do any of the people i shoot with. and belive what you want to belive. i know what weapons i have been around . and from "MY" experiance with norinco have not at all been worth while!

Best beater there is!!

In season my Norinco is our 'shark gun' on the boat. We have a weapons rack right above the galley table on the overhead. It survives and thrives in that environment. Whoever mentioned the first rate bluing is correct, mine has a few bad spots, I do a through clean and detail strip, scrub her down with steel wool, touch up blue and good to go. Once a year if it needs it or not. :D One of the few guns I'm comfortable having on a salt water boat. It's fifth season on the boat will be 09. That is one hell of a testament to the ruggedness of these weapons. Years ago we used to buy throw away .22s, they rarely made it for more than a season or two, and then over the side they go.

My norinco is built like a brick outhouse and is reliable as a swiss watch. I've owned it for about 15 years and in that time had one stovepipe, no FTE's, no FTF's and no problems at all with any part of the rifle.

I have 2 Norinco's and 2 Russians and my Norinco's will shoot clay birds laying on the backstop at 100 yards all day long

Attachments

• guns 001.jpg
    guns 001.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 49
Norinco: An SKS is not a 'Norinco', per se. Norinco was/is an importer. They stamped all kinds of SKS's post ban. Pre and post '66, type-D's, etc.

Chinese Type 56: I could write a book on types, factories, vairants and so on. What do you want to know? Most valuble to collectors? The lousiest one ever made- the all Stamped model (Type 63). Very rare, even more rare than the Sino/Soviet. Find a Stamped or Sino and you gotta keeper. Same with Russian/Chineese Gaurd and so on.... Chromed bore means doodly-squat. nice to look at...good luck proving it helps. Can even be a hinderance if it flakes!

Yugo: M-59, or M-59/66. These were very well made, heavy-lugged, threaded barrel, milled reciever. Good luck dating one w/o a log. Some were recond at the factory and had log books. Those are very collecable. The Yugo qualifies for C/R as they are impossible to date. The /66 is considered a Destructive Device in Ca. and must be registered.

Russians: Tula or Ish?

Romo: eh- heard good and bad, uber rare.....but collectable if 'unfired'. Good luck with that.

Blah, blah, blah..... wanna know about SKS's?
Slamfire's: Remove the bolt, tear it down, clean and reintsall DRY. NEVER, EVER OIL AN SKS BOLT OR PIN. EVER.
Otherwise, if you don't know the diff, buy one and enjoy the cheap ammo and good shootin'.
It aint match grade, aint supposed to be, but it does exactly what it's supposed to.

Here's my Yugo. I love this gun and am very careful with it- it's in just the right state of patina.....we call her 'Ugly Betty'.

Yugo M-59, as issued, unreconditioned, 100% all there and matching numbers- complete with corroded and pitted dark bore, checked piston and all that goes with. I see some snickers and sneers when I pull her outta the bag, untill.....she clang's the 16" gongs' off-hand at Angeles Ranges at 200y, 300y, and 400y (RM shooting at 400y, my eye's suck now).

CRIM0013.jpg

i have a 2russians, albanian, yugo and chinese...

get a romanian...they are harder to come across...and their selling value are much more...IMO...

Clanger said:
Norinco: An SKS is not a 'Norinco', per se. Norinco was/is an importer. They stamped all kinds of SKS's post ban. Pre and post '66, type-D's, etc.
So are you saying Norinco 1911's and M14's are only imported by Norinco and not manufactured by them?

The China North Industries Corporation official English name Norinco, manufactures vehicles (trucks, cars and motorcycles), machinery, optical-electronic products, oil field equipment, chemicals, light industrial products, explosives and blast materials, civil and military firearms and ammunition, etc. Norinco is also involved in domestic civil construction projects.

Norinco is also known outside of China for its high-tech defense products, some of which are adaptations of Soviet equipment. Norinco produces precision strike systems, amphibious assault weapons and equipment, long-range suppression weapon systems, anti-aircraft & anti-missile systems, information & night vision products, high-effect destruction systems, fuel air bombs, anti-terrorism & anti-riot equipment and small arms.

Norinco was established in 1980 with the approval of the State Council of China, and is overseen by the Commission of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense

I don't know about yours, but my Norinco made Chinese SKS was imported by B-West in Tuscan, AZ.

So are you saying Norinco 1911's and M14's are only imported by Norinco and not manufactured by them?

No- I did not say that, YOU did.

Please re-read what you quoted me on and edit your post accordingly.

NORINCO was importing SKS's that were made 20 years or more prior their being.

Just because an SKS is stamped NORINCO, does NOT make it made by NORINCO.

I had a 1964, Type 56, Factory 26 that was NOT made by NORINCO, yet, had the importer's stamp.

I have a Yugo And a Norinco. I prefer my Norinko, flawless shooter so far.
My Yugo is beautiful, alot of time put into her, but problems, twice this week at the range.

I will keep the Yugo, but would grab the Norinco if needed for a SD situation.

Norinco.jpg

YugoslavianSKSE897382.jpg

The short an skinny of it is, it's just an SKS nothin top notch!
If it's a good price grab it up. In the past 2 years I have seen cheap SKS's go from $145 to $450. Obama has gun owners scared!

+1, if you find an SKS in great shape for under 200.00, buy it. If not, pass, they are not worth the prices folks are asking post election. Just wait till things settle down and prices come back down.

I shot a Norinco once and right away sold off my Yugo. I've shot a Russian one, too. For handiness and accuracy, the Norinco wins out. Mine's a bayonetless Paratrooper. The thing feels almost like a .22 rifle and shoots really, really well. It's a perfect utility purpose rifle. The Yugo feels like a telephone pole in comparison. Carries like one, too.

SKS_Paratrooper_01-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back