Single shot rifle

I bought my first CVA hunter last year in 7mm-08. Wish I had bought one years ago. Very compact and handy rifle. Light and easy to carry and great for cramped blinds or shooting houses. I now have 2 more in 223, and 243.
Under $200 blued or under $300 stainless.

I myself would love a Rolling Block or Sharps to hunt boars and deer with, but they are generally only available in antique calibers like .45-70 and .38-55 which are not friendly options for one who doesn't reload.

The 45-70 an antique caliber ? Not a hunter myself but I am tempted to take my M1888 out into the woods and see if the deer and the bears and other game guffaw at me. :D

Well whatever you call it, it's too expensive for many non-reloaders to shoot on any kind of regular basis.

I'd love to see a Sharps in .308 (not the modern AR-10, I'm talking single shots people) or even a Rolling Block, though I don't know if a Rolling Block would be strong enough to handle it. Maybe even a Browning hi-wall type gun. Or heck, have Ruger re-introduce the No. 3 rifles for a lower price. The Ruger No. 1s are nice, but very expensive.

Here is a light, handy, accurate single shot perfect for most deer hunting. T/C contender with 7x30 Waters Barrel.
2q1hqbl.jpg

There's no need to buy extra parts for the rifle if you want a different barrel....simply buy one with the same contour as your original
Easily done if you are ordering a custom barrel. There goes any cost advantage as an MGM or similar will cost about $150 more than I can get a factory barrel.
The for-end bolt-hole spacing is also an issue with some of the T/C products.

I actually like the CVA Apex better than the TC Encore. Bergara is supplying some fine barrels for the Apex. Their machine tolerances are perfect. Much tighter than any Encore I have seen.

I wish I had kept my RSI #1 in 243; with Sierra 85 BTHP, it would put 3 into 3/4" all day long - and it LOOKED great too!

Back