Since We Can’t Really Go Anywhere....

I'm not jealous.

This is one small portion of my back yard range with dozens of steel targets.[emoji16]
2177ea73a759bd578f441c0421f8b0c0.jpg

Here's what I'm working with. I shoot offhand with the 1 pump Red Ryder bone stock with iron sights. 10-20 yards. Target board is the top of an old vanity. Good for setting up soup cans and clay pigeons. Like a mini shooting gallery.

Attachments

• rps20200405_121656_435.jpg
    rps20200405_121656_435.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 52
I have two . . .

I have a place out at a buddy's farm that I can shoot. I usually take the long guns there. Did so last week and will no doubt be there this coming week too.

In the basement I have a bb gun range (Big cardboard box stuffed with newspaper) that is mostly for the grandkids, but I use it too. More so lately.

And the range I usually shoot at is still open, but I haven't been there for over a week. So . . .

Anyway, Life is good.

Prof Young

My Stay Home Range

Here is my Stay Home backyard range. I have tried to describe it in words only in other posts but decided to try uploading photos. This bullet stop was built in 1972 so it does show some age but basically has not changed much other than appearance. There are 2 dump truck loads of yellow sand (no rocks) in front of the railroad ties which are between 6 and 7 feet high. The woodchucks like the sand and requires minor sand re-arranging but they also make interesting targets. Looks like it is about time for the first application of Round-Up for this season to control the weeds and keep the woodchucks from hiding behind them.
Hard to see in the photos are 2 small horizontal wires across the front between the fence posts to attach targets with clothes pins. The bottom of the targets will be about 2 feet above ground.

Bob
WB8NQW
NRA Benefactor
Golden Eagle

Attachments

• DSC05283.JPG
    DSC05283.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC05284.JPG
    DSC05284.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 75
making sure

Just so everybody knows........I don't hate anybody! My "hate him" comment was a play on words against Mk70ss by line of... "Say When".

"Now I do hate him" was Doc Holiday/Val Kilmers comment on meeting an educated Johnny Ringo.

Mk70ss really does have a nice place, and I should have used one of the emoji things after my comment:)

Lucky wife isn’t home. I spend my time shooting starlings and sparrows at her bird feeders. Was going to put a roll of toilet paper up by road and see what I could lure in. We ain’t allowed to bait here in Ohio so I had to give that up.

As shooting is deemed a sport in Colorado and our private range naturally includes Social Distancing because the shooting stations are 7 ft apart, at only 10 minutes from my home, it's stayed open. So I have access to a pistol house, 100, 200, and 300 yd rifle range as well as a running deer and 2 shotgun ranges pretty much every day. ;)

(Except tomorrow as we're due to drop from sunny and the 70s today to a high of only 22° with 5" of snow tomorrow!! With snow possible for each of the next 5 days. :eek:)

My buddy and I built our own range so shooting even in this troubled time is not an issue, we drive about three miles to the property and lock the gate behind us. Lots of hanging steel and target frames out to 100 yards and dense woods for a backstop. We have covered firing positions and recently added a picnic table in the open that can be used as a firing position. The only problem encountered is the friends who ask to use the facility and leave a mess behind (targets, cardboard, brass etc.).

The range we go to is 35 miles away 100,200,300 meter .with steel swingers
25,50,75,100 meter with 50,100,150 200 meter same range with steel swingers
sight in ranges 7 yd,25 yd,50 yd.
2 full auto ranges .

You need to be a member to shoot

My 100 yard rifle range is a very short walk from my back door. And I can set up a pistol range easily and quickly. I’m very lucky.

Back