Simonich's Gunner Grips

ROSANGHAL

Hi guys

I just found out that Rob Simonich of the Custom Knife world is going to produce grips for the 1911. He calls them Gunner grips and resembles the knife handle that he puts on some of his blades. They're made out of G10.

Mr. Simonich states:

Initially I will be making compact and fullsize grips in both Green/Black and Black and possible Blue/Black with the "Gunner Grip" texturing.

Check out the prototypes.
Ross T.

Here's a pic from Mr. Simonich showing the full sized and officer's grips.

Enjoy
Ross T.

Attachments

• simonich gunner grips 2.jpg
    simonich gunner grips 2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 496
I met Rob at Blade in Atlanta this summer. He is an awesome guy. Hard to find a better man. I ended up with one of his urban raven knives with the black gunner grips. The grips are very very secure. When the hands get wet, the grips get tacky and gripping is very secure.

It looks like I need a set of black gunner grips to go on my Kimber Ultra CDP. I need to give Rob a call. If i get some grips, I will try and post a review of them.

JR

Hey Nifer

I had the honor and pleasure of meeting up with Mr. Simonich at the South Eastern Custom Knife show last weekend. Had dinner with him and a bunch of other knifeknuts shared some drinks and he showed us his Kerambit style knife. It looked pretty impressive.

Looking forward to your review.

Ross T.

Ya know, I saw these slabs on one of his knives and meant to ask him about doing a custom set for my Colt. I never got around to calling him up......guess he read my mind.

What's the price range? Are various dimple sizes available? What colors can we expect (solid/marbled/woodgrain)?

Definitely interested.

Hi VaughT

The price is quoted in Mr. Simonich's post here:

Rob Simonich said:
Hey guys, all that want grips please send me an email with Name, address, phone number etc. Ill put you on the order sheet and should be shipping starting like next week if all goes well.

By the way, price is $49 plus $4 shipping via USPO priority.

What colors to expect is quoted here:

Rob Simonich said:
To start with they will be black G-10 and Green/Black G-10 as shown above. Any color/combo will be possible. I really am trying to get some Tan/Black or Tan/Green for Desert colors. Also the production grips will be flat bottomed to accomodate the S&A mag well. For tapered bottom grips as shown I will put the tapers onhere in my shop. They can also be cut for ambi safetys, I am building the jig now.

On the various dimple sizes, good question, you'll have to go straight to the source. Here's his email address rob@simonichknives.com

Ross T.

Hi Guys. Thanks for all the comments and stuff.

We ran some grips yesterday and had a few minor glitches but they will be worked out quickly. Here is a picture of the first production set, with a few program changes to be made. The first run will be in plain ol black, but material is ordered for the Green/Black.

I would have shown them on a gun but the guns are all in the CNC shop so we can check the fit.

You will be seeing these featured on a nice gun/knife combo in one of the major gun magazines. One of the cool things about this project is we are working on putting logos on the grips. Say "Joes Gun Shop" has a cool logo, we can mill the logo in between the grip screws and "gunner grip" around the logo.

Thats all for now, and thanks!

Attachments

• mvc-022f.jpg
    mvc-022f.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 544
Rob

What I want to know is how do I go about getting those cool tiger-stripes on my slide?

Last edited:
Ross said the magic word! :D Guinness! Nectar of the gods! LOL

Syldlocklocksyl, to get the Tiger Stripes you have to send me the slide. I charge $150 for the job, it is very labor intensive and I use the new DLC coating which isnt really cheap but is very scratch resistant.

Back