Silencers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it was so much a money making scheme as a way for our government to keep those evil things away from us. $200 was a lot of money in 1934, more than most people would be willing to part with for the privilege of owning a suppressor, SBS, or full auto. The average pay back then was probably $50 a week, or something like that.

Hmmmmm, Pay anywhere from $200-500 dollars for the actual suppressor, then toss in $200 for a stupid federal tax, then tons of paper work and then a small fee for a dealer holding it, I think I'll just use some headphones lol :)

------------------
Trespassers Will Be Shot
Survivors Will Be Shot Again

About three months before his death, my father sold his suppressed Mac 10 to our local sheriff's office for $100. I think that he paid about $100 for the Mac and another $100 for the suppressor.

Even with subsonic (which most .45's are), you still don't get the "pffffft" sound that you see in the movies. I guess it's about like a .22 short.

I could probably get the Mac back, but just don't have any interest in it.

seems Federal Arms corp> of america has a
contact source for silencers or suppressors
from Bayou Rapides Specialties, INC. some states are no-way, and ya need a class 3 dealer, plus a judge and CLEO, BIG time background check,like ya couldn't kill more
people with a non suppressed weapon. a big
poacher weapon? their address is 3640 Government St. Ste. C Alexandria, LA 71302-
phone number 318-487-0717

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back