Silenced Shotty

Oh! I wanna argue too!

Shotty is accepted slang for shotgun. It has been in use for over 100 years. IIRC it was coined by big game hunters in Africa. Grow up guys.

"Shotty" workmanship?
I think you mean "shoddy"
shod·dy
adj. shod·di·er, shod·di·est
1. Made of or containing inferior material.
2. Of poor quality or craft.

Wille,

Clearly you're never run into humor before. Has anyone ever told you a joke before? Did you get it?

No, I meant "shotty", I put the word in quotes to emphasize that I was making a pun. I was using the fact that "shotty" and "shoddy" sound alike. It's called word substitution. Yes, I know what they both mean. I happen to have a Ph.D. from an ivy league university. I'm sorry if my humor is too cerebral for your comprehension.

There was no argument. I made a joke, another guy with no sense of humor got bent out of shape, called me names and I made fun of him. Done. Finished. Period. How about you grow up and let it drop?

The thread was viewed 716 times. You and Grandptime were the only people that didn't get the joke and saw the need to be antagonistic. What does that tell you about yourself?

Hey SwampYankee there's alot on this board that get their feelers hurt if you throw in a little satire. I've also been flamed for it:confused:

I got into this thread because I was genuinely interested in the topic. I played the Videogame, Call of duty (4) and I stumbled across a supressed SPAS and thought... No... You can't do that... Can You? And ever since then I've been EXTREMELY interested in the topic. But after the arguing and name calling... I just want everyone to hug it out! I'm sad now :( CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

Now my manscara is running lol (just kidding, it's waterproof. ha ha now i'm really kidding and also done)

Interesting thread.

You could just find one of those choke tube extension things Cabela's used to sell. They said it would make your shotgun quieter. :rolleyes: Of course your shotty might look a little shoddy with a 32" barrel extension screwed into the end of it instead of a choke tube. Nothing says pretty like a 870 with a 5 foot long barrel.:barf:

Tom Knap demonstrated one of those things when I went to see him shoot last year. With subsonic birdshot (yes they make low velocity birdshot for some reason) it made Tom's Benelli sound like a car door slamming.

4351366772_3c63f8da9a_b.jpg

Back