SIGP229 v. HKP7

Greg, I have owned both you are considering for ccw. The flat profile was worth more to me than the capacity for ccw. BTW the flat single stack mags are real easy to hide if capacity is your concern.

Hope you enjoy as many years with your P7 as I have. approx 20k rounds and still going strong. No breakage and since the hard chrome still looks as new.

Good Luck

Thanks GHB

GHB,

You're right, it's probably something that has to be tried. I admit I'm P7 ignorant. I really need to get one.

oktagon

I agree that the 229 is harder to conceal than the p7 m8. Its about the same size as the p7 m13. The sig 239 is a better comparison. I would prefer my sig 239 in 357 sig to the HK in 9mm.
PAT

Sorry guys, I just don't buy the just one shot fired in an encounter theory. Every tactics course/school I have ever attended stresses that you fire: The number of rounds necessary to neutralize the threat. No more, no less. Should you have to testify in court, this would be your response when questioned on the number of rounds you fired. So to say that one shot is enough is somewhat of a flawed theory.

I know of friends of mine that were involved in shootings and have fired anywhere from 5-10 rounds. Should the time come, I want as much in reserve that is comfortable to carry. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and be without.

Also, should the mag in the gun malfunction, and it has to be discarded, you may lose half of your ammo reserves. I owned the P7 and the 229. I will give the advantage to the Sig if I were going into harms way.

Be Safe
Mike

P7 is what I carry unless I carry my Glock. I've shot the 229 and I have a 226 and while Sig makes a great P series, I'm far more accurate with the p-7. Besides I don't like the Da/Sa transition of Sig. If ammo's the issue then carry two extra mags instead of one for the P-7.

Besides I can conceal the P7 far more effectively than any other handgun I own.

Could have bought a Sig for the GF. Instead I bought her a P7M8.

Have both an M8 & a 229. Based on how well can personally shoot the two in Combat/IDPA drills, etc. the M8 is the clear winner due to its accuracy, firing speed, ergonomics, handling, ease & quickness of gaining sight picture and flatness, ease of CCW. Hands Down. Still, would never part with the Classic Sig P229.

Dakodakid, I've been following your conversion to the P7 with interest. Glad to see that you enjoy it as much as I do mine. :)

Take care

While I cannot compare my P7M8 with a Sig (because I have never owned a Sig, but have used those which my co-workers own), I'd give preference to the P7 because it is so darn accurate. I have a lot of Glocks, but still will not part with them. Glocks, Sigs, and HKs have their place. All great weapons. Because the first shot counts the most, I'd favor the P7. Second, I'd go with my G29 due to its compact size and powerful chambering.

Sigs were my first love and I almost bought a P229 about a year ago. I'll tell ya though,maybe it's because I just discovered them,but there's nothing like a P7 IMHO. I've bought two in less than a month (PSP & M13) and I'll be looking for an M10 soon. These guns are awesome!
Ronin

Back