Sightron SIII 6-24x50 vs Leupold VXIII 6.5-20x50LRT

Really want to compare the total range of reticle movement for each scope.

Owned a VX-III 40mm A/O with target knobs and fine duplex. Nice quality, but not really much reticle movement. Seems like 56 moa, but that means only 25moa or so total with reticle centered. Zeroed at 100yds wound up with maybe 22moa and you got very limited windage movement at top or bottom end of the movement range.

Leupold MK 4 is the one to buy, the 50mm objective with side-focus. Get a catalog or go on their website and compare.

Have been wanting to try a Sightron longrange scope. Leupold mk4s are very good and lightweight. I had an 8-32x Nightforce NXS; the holy grail of affordable good glass scopes. Sold it. Too heavy and didn't care for the magnification ring that moved the ocular lens with every variation. Not that great an optic either. I'm buying a rifle sight not a camera lens...

Unless the money was the same, I would buy Sightron.

globemaster3 - thanks, I knew it was an old thread but I didn't realize the OP was long gone. Either way, the other folks' info was helpful.

edward - I started using the Burris signature rings several years ago (with adjustable inserts) and have subsequently quit worrying about reticle movement since. I use the inserts to get my POI within a few clicks and then it's only fine tuning after initial sight in. Overall, the best product Burris has out IMO.

Back