SIG vs Glock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own both the P220 and the G30. For accuracy, the P220 wins hands down. For durability, G30 shines. If I have to sell one, I probably sell the G30. It is too big for Conceal carry. The P220 is very refined and I group well with either left or right hand.

I love Glocks, so don't think I am bashing. But my G17 is far superior in handling than the G30. It has a very wide slide someone once referred it as looking down an aircarft carrier.

Gunfighter:

That's odd....I shot my SIG P226 (.357 SIG) in the KS State IDPA Championships last weekend. Close to 150 rds fired...zero malfunctions of any type. Of course in the year I've owned that weapon, I've never experienced any malfunctions at all. My two other SIGs have experienced failures to feed that were isolated to the following: Bad aftermarket mag (SIG P220) and deformed hollowpoint round (SIG P229).

If you really don't trust your 220, why don't you sell it? I'm sure there are plenty of SIG folks out there who would be glad to take it of your hands ;)

Mike

SIGs have a reputation for utter reliability. If they didn't, I don't think they would have as strong a following in the military and LE community as they do.

Mike Spight - I can't begin to tell you what ammo the guys with the Sigs were shooting. They had 226's, most of them worked for the Allentown PD who was hosting the school. I don't bash guns and I was utterly surprized by the Sigs. However the S&W had the most probs. I could never in goood faith carry one. I'm lucky I guess that I have the utmost confindence in my issued piece the Glk 19.

------------------
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Gunfighter:

You may have the answer there...if 20 different officers from the same PD experienced problems on the same day...it's probably their department issued practice/duty ammo. A department armorer could be the problem, but that seems extremely unlikely.

Mike

Yep, I think Mike hit the nail with the neutron bomb there. Sounds like bad ammo. Our PD has adopted the SIG220 DAO (long story) and has had no problems with gun or ammo. (Federal generic 230 grain JHP)

My thoughts are that if a gun jams and I can't figure it out asap, it goes with me to the next gunshow. Period.

Both are good guns and you wouldn't go wrong with either..

Giz

------------------
"Hear the voices in my head, swear to God it sounds like
they're snoring." -Harvey Danger, "Flagpole Sitta"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back