Sig Releasing a P365XL

Mackie244Bud

Saw this today at Osage County Guns:

Sig Sauer P365XL

Features:

* XSeries P365 Grip Module with Integrated Carry Magwell and Extended Beavertail
* Flat Trigger with a 90 Degree Break
* Optic Ready Slide Compatible with Romeo Zero and RMSc Optics
* XRay3 Day/Night Sights
* 3.7” Barrel for Increased Accuracy While Retaining Concealability.
* (2) 12rd Steel Magazines

Link to Story:

https://www.osagecountyguns.com/blog/news/sig-sauer/new-sig-sauer-p365-xl/

Sig Sauer P365XL.jpg

I was going to buy a P365 MS but now I will have to take a serious look at the P365XL

Uh I was just joking in the other thread...I guess Sig did go down this route. Great looking gun but the “XL” is major turn off. Maybe just name it 365L like p30l.

XS sights on XL gun :D

Last edited:
@fastbolt "Of course they did. Have to try and keep up with S&W's new PC-tuned 4" Shield 9 that's optics-ready.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...l-optics-ready"

Except it'll have 4 extra rounds on board with the same size as the PC Shield. I'm on board with this, seems like the perfect size. And 15 round extended magazines coming out for range use.

M&P Shield is max 8 round mag

The P365XL will have a Flush Fit 12 Round Magazine..

As far as price at this point it's MSRP is the same as the P365 $599.99 which of course street price is $499.99
I am surprised at that MSRP.
..with a longer Slide & Barrel, Flat Trigger, Optics Cut, 12 round Flush fit Mag that it would have a higher MSRP than the original P365.
We will just have to see what it actually ends up costing...but a $599.99 MSRP is encouraging..That's a lot more Bang for the same price!

As far as being like the Glock 45 only more expensive..
I do not think that the P365XL is anything at all like the Glock 45..
The Glock 45 is the G19X in Black with a few variations..
.as far as price on GunBroker the Glock 45 is averaging $540.00
If the MSRP holds for the P365XL it may be selling for less than the G45 or even to.
We will just have to wait and see..
I think that the G45 is a Bad comparison.
Either the G43 or G48 are better comparisons on paper with the P365XL in my opinion better than them both.
BUT
We are getting ahead of ourselves as the gun is not here yet, so we will just have to wait for results and comparisons.
I do want to See IT, Hold IT and if possible Shoot IT fer sure.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Info:

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/219944

Like the P365's I expect the price to be high at first.

It took quite awhile before the P365's were selling consistently for $499.99
I'm not sure that I can wait that long. LOL!

I purchased my P365 in April of 2018 and paid $525.00 which at the time wasn't bad.
They started out on GunBroker 3 months earlier at $700 to $800.00 it was Crazy!
If it's $579.00 now it may get near the 500 mark we'll have to see.

Oh...man...

So it looks like these magazines will be their own thing -- flush fitting 12 rounders?

Now I wonder whether this supposed 15 rounder will be only for one model or the other, or have optional grip sleeves so you can choose?

Optics ready. Damn you Sig, where was this gun when I got my PPS with the red dot?

Maybe I'll keep the dot off my Walther, sell the gun at a massive loss for like $250, buy this P365XL for almost $600, pick up a 15 round magazine for $50, install my red dot that I really never needed in the first place but bought because I like it and...lie to myself that it was all worth the price!!!

It's such a stupid but strangely appealing idea :)

I do not think that the P365XL is anything at all like the Glock 45.

Probably not...no quick trips back to the factory for 'upgrades' to make it work OK..Note->:)

Geez, this forum should be renamed...'luvmeasigforever'....:eek:

Probably not...no quick trips back to the factory for 'upgrades' to make it work OK..Note->:)

Geez, this forum should be renamed...'luvmeasigforever'....:eek:
You know Glock Talk is an option if you're feeling left out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It defeats the purpose of the P365 for me (pocket carry). But there are many to which this appeals, and SIG does good marketing, soooo....

I’m not sure why SIG wants to introduce a pistol that is going to compete with its own P320C; but it is nice to have choices I guess.

For me the major attraction to the 365 was full-size features crammed into such a tiny package at a solid price. And even then, I didn’t really find the incremental improvement worth the cost.

What bothers me about the way Sig is doing their optics ready pistols is that, once the optic is installed, there is no rear sight. I don't understand that. Does anyone else?

What bothers me about the way Sig is doing their optics ready pistols is that, once the optic is installed, there is no rear sight. I don't understand that. Does anyone else?
So actually their new micro red dot, if you look at the link from Osage and scroll down, actually has a rear sight built into it. But otherwise I agree.

I think the reason is their optics placed for the M17 was designed around the Leupold Deltapoint Pro, which has a rear sight built into the red dot.

Last edited:
For me the major attraction to the 365 was full-size features crammed into such a tiny package at a solid price.

Exactly and the entire point of the P365, LOL.

And even then, I didn’t really find the incremental improvement worth the cost.

Trying to think of the reasoning behind it myself....

Job justification for SIG USA? Giving the engineer on staff who graduated with a "C" average a project? Something for all the ShockWave owners...obviously there is a market?

:confused:

When we have people buying Glock 43x/48, I don't think this is that unusual of a product. Is it necessary? Idk. What some people buy others don't.

Back