Sig P365 below $499?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FITASC View Post
So, where IS "locally"?
Central OK. I saw these on a fairly active local gun forum where I do most of my gun dealing.

I'm not in the market for one myself but I told someone I know about the $400 gun and he bought it immediately.

I'd buy a second one at that price

Post #15 states: "Sig can legally set a floor and a ceiling on price, but vertical similarity between all sellers (especially those saying XXX off = $499, just like everyone else is selling) could be a legal issue."

Sig can set advertised pricing only (commonly referred to as MAP pricing). They cannot set pricing if you walk into a store, call on the phone, or in the "cart" when checking out online. If they did, that would be price fixing which is illegal.

So, if you're searching for a better price, call around.

Browning does that as well. If a commercial seller wants to sell below their suggested retail price, you will see it listed as "POR"

Is all this procrastinating over someone saving $50 on the price of a great gun? Don't go to dinner one night and run out and pick one up. Paying a few dollars more stretched over a period of years is silly.

If you like the color great. I'd you don't like the color don't get it. Seems simple enough.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sig can set advertised pricing only (commonly referred to as MAP pricing). They cannot set pricing if you walk into a store, call on the phone, or in the "cart" when checking out online. If they did, that would be price fixing which is illegal.

Yes and no. Read below:

SIG can choose to not distribute to a retailer that repeatedly violates MAP, or tell distributors to not ship there. To my knowledge there is no law forcing SIG to ship to a given retailer. Some manufacturers seem to never enforce MAP, whereas FFLs I've talked to have said other manufacturers are much more particular.

I think Glock still does, but even if they don't I know at one time they fiercely guarded their blue label program. Some shops began to offer blue label pricing to a select few that didn't qualify, and if word got back to Glock that shop was no longer a Glock dealer, and was blacklisted from other Glock distributors. When Glock finally did begin distributing to those shops again (or drop them from the blacklist of other distributors) they were no longer eligible to participate in blue label pricing.

And Glock doesn't set the price on blue label pricing through dealers/distributors, they just reimburse a portion of the discount.

As for the current price parity of the P365... like it or not it is a wildly popular pistol right now. Even still. Several sources list it as the top selling pistol of 2018 (American Rifleman, Gunbroker, The Motley Fool). So, why drop the price when demand is still high? Sure you can get more market share but remember there was a good while that P365s were hard to find and when a shop did get 8 or 10 of them in they were gone within a week at $499+. That was a reality just a few months ago. There won't be a downward pressure on price until pistols start to sit in the case for longer than a new shipment can be expected to replace them.

Last edited:
No one has posted a listing below 499.

While the Glock example shows legal price setting, I kinda have my doubts that Sig's price program (which is the only way this is legal) set 499 as the minimum and every gun selling site agreed to it...for one pistol.

That seems unlikely.

Now (facts are facts) Sig has circumvented the law before and is in the US now because of it.

Yeah. I'm looking for 50 bucks off. But then it became weird that no matter where I looked, 499.

Most of my local shops are still trying to get $549 or $599 for theirs. I asked one of them if they could do $499 on mine just like everybody else in the country is doing and they begrudgingly said yes.

Ask them if they could do 495. If not, I think Sig is breaking US law on price setting.
As a retailer in the US, you can sell anything you have for whatever $ you want. BUT, in the US anyway, you 'may' not be able to receive any more product from that distributor or manufacturer if you deeply discount their product, they are not required to sell to any retailer..is how it works..WAY different in Europe...

As of yesterday, Cabelas in Louisville, KY was offering P365's at $499. Those of you in the area, might try Bill Wolf of Wolf Supply off the Waterson, on Jefferson St, in the Louisville Dive Shop building, for a better deal. He runs a first rate 'Cop Shop', and his ammunition prices are rock bottom low. Best Regards, Rod

Your first link is for law enforcement officers only.

Your second link has 10 dollars shipping, which most don't, and brings it to 489.

So two places in the entire world wide web is selling it for 489 and all others are 499?

Kinda curious...

To be clear you believe a company is, in violation of basic principles, setting prices to discourage competition. And you are buying from them because?

You're changing the goal posts. You were satisfied if they would take $495. Well I posted one for $489 (shipped). Give it up it’s supply and demand they are in huge demand right now so companies cans get that price for them. Those aren’t the only two places I’ve seen them for less than $499. I bet in the next months there will be lots of places selling in the mid to upper $400s now that all the early buyers have purchased. All it takes is a few vendors cutting their margins a little bit to get all the sales and others have to do the same

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised they dropped down below $500 as a common price. I don't own one, I understand there was some "voluntary upgrades" done, and I understand that Sig is not necessarily the name it once was.

But a ten shot 9MM in that size made by Sig and sub $500 is still something a little special in my opinion

One thing I did not see brought up in here was the manufacturing date(anything mid to late 2018 should be good ones) on the P365 that are lower than the $499 seen most places. The first batch (Gen1)of P365 pistols had some problems and if you are seeing them in the shop used for $400. I would first guess that this lower price would be some of the first gen1s made. I know in my area that is a big thing you look for. You can tell the older ones by the sig case and the old night sights, both changed when they started putting out the P365 with the upgrades or fix of the first gen problems.

Make sure to look at the Sig born on date before you buy.

Back