SIG P228

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darthmaum,

The "roll pins" aren't on the 229... that's why you can't find them. On the 225, 226, 228, and 220, it is right where you put your hand to rack the slide; where the serrations are.

Ben

------------------
AOL IM: BenK911
ICQ # 53788523
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

[This message has been edited by Ben (edited November 11, 1999).]

joegerardi, glad you like the DAC-394. Did yours have the thin plastic grips? I was able to push in on the seam at the back of the grip and the edges of the plastic were sharp and uncomfortable. I would replace with SIG or Hogue grips. I would happily put a little gunsmithing into that pistol, like polishing the feed ramp, after all it is a $250 gun and I don't expect perfection for that price. $500+ for a SIG and that thing better work right. Josef Dlask has been around guns a long time and I think he knows what he is doing. I am going to order one after the first of the year.

I love my sigs. I have a 229 in 357sig I got used from some guy for $400 with a hicap and 10 rounder. I also have a 226 I bought new in 40sw for $549. These were the best deals I could find around here. I put houge rubber grips on both of them and really like the feel. All sigs in 40sw and 357sig have Stainless steel slides.

OMG IM SOOOO EXCITED !

That Dac looks like a sweet deal to me. and for $250 im willing to find out if it as good as it looks. I went to the web site and it dont give any info on where i can get one. I will buy one today if i knew of a dealer. I mean heck what do i have to lose? they give ya your money back if you dont like it !

Any info you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Have you considered going into sales for these guys? lol J/K

I want one !!!!!!

------------------
TIM : )

SOG is the importer. They are the ones offering the Money-Back. I can't quite remember their number, it's either 1-800-944-GUNS or 1-800-844-GUNS. try the second one first. If that doesn't work, then I am pretty sure it's the first one. :) :) :)

Jeff:
The grips seemed to be a soft plastic or rubber. I tried to do what you were describing, but couldn't. However, take that with a grain of salt. I've been having some trouble with pain in my right forearm, and can't really grip anything that strongly. In fact, I'm starting to drop stuff unintentionally. Guess it's time to go see thoe Doc.

I really like this pistol. The balance and feel is EXACT. I was A/B'ing it to a 228 in the shop, and actually thought there was less creep in the trigger than the SIGs. The only difference I see is the front of the trigger guard is slightly squared off. I have tried it in every holster my gunshop has for SIGs and it fits in every one of them. I had to lay mine away, as I'm buying a new synthesizer module next week and couldn't fork over the whole amount.

joe and jeff,

I called them and they wont give me a price. They say they will give the price to my FFL holder and they can charge me what they want. Where are you guys fondling these things at ? I want to get one for $250.

Thanks,

------------------

Jerky, first find an FFL to do your transfer. The price is $250 plus shipping from SOG. Call SOG and tell them that you are from your FFL holders gun shop and that you need to know how much over the $250 the shipping will be so that you can send a money order. Either mail SOG the MO and give an addressed envelope to your dealer to send a copy of the FFL in or get a signed copy of the FFL and send it in with the MO to SOG. DO NOT GIVE YOUR DEALER $250 and have him send it it for you. If you do that you are buying it from the dealer and must pay him the sales tax. You need to be the one sending the MO to SOG so you are buying it from them.

I think the only problem with that is going to be, Is the gun registered for sales in MD. an FFL in maryland can only sell registered guns. do ya thing this is registered to be sold in md ?

thanks

------------------

You would have to call Dlask, or whoever in your state is responsible for certifying guns for sale (Heir Attorney General maybe), to see if it made the list. From what I know about the criteria for making it the Dlask should have no problem since it meets the weight, size, and melting point (if any) requirements. If a SIG P228 is on the list a DAC-394 should be also. The one I was able to 'fondle' was at a gun show in Tulsa, Ok. I have met Josef Dlask a couple of times and the guy knows his stuff. Joe G and I have discussed this pistol on another board and I think that we are all going to buy one because the price can't be beat for the apparent quality of the pistol. Joe G was the first kid on the block with the new toy.

Thanks for answering all of my questions so quickly. I did however buy the sig 2340 today from R guns. They had it for $399 and i couldnt pass it up. I would still like to get my hands on one of these DAc's just to see how it shoots. I was at 2 local gun shops today and gave them all the info on getting the DAC. they both seem to think its worth giving a try. Ill keep ya updated.

------------------

No problem Jerky. The problem I had with the 2340 was that there were not legal high caps for such a large pistol. I stuck with the P229. There are high caps for the P228 and P226 that will all fit the DAC-394, that combined with the price makes for an attractive package to me. You did get a good deal on your 2340.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back