Sick of my danged AR-15!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Stoner make an AK variant in .308?

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

George...saw lots of reasonable solutions above, but do you remember way back when colt published their "qualifier" on the AR? They made a pointed and specific statement that the AR15 would only perform dependably when fed "new factory ammo"! ARs (not all, but most) do not like reloaded ammo. Some of the ammo from out of country is not really full case length sized. That CAN contribute. (check your spring/buffer). my 2c.....

So, let me gets this straight, all this badmouthing of the AR15 and 223 caliber and then the whole problem is some idjit (not you o'course) put the wrong buffer in the danged gun? Shoot, if I put the wrong springs in a danged 308 it aint gonna work either.

Have a look at the VEPR. It's a Kalashnikov in .308win, built new in the States.
Or consider picking up a FAL receiver and kit from one of many gun papers and build a SLR-FAL. Or try that new build G3 receiver and kit.

I am going to lock this thread...
Its a bit long.
Any one can feel free to post a Part 2 Thread - titled The Pros and Cons of the AR-15... And reasonable .308 caliber alternatives.
:D

As for the Stoner SR 25, its still an AR design... SO I am overlooking those. Heck - I'm about ready to buy a good old .30-06 Remington 700, with a McMillan A4 stock. Now one ever said a Model 700 is a bad choice!

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back