A couple of Pacific theater bring-backs, a pair of Nambus

Attachments

• phpVOiTRIAM.jpg
    phpVOiTRIAM.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 83
  • phpMD7Fa0AM.jpg
    phpMD7Fa0AM.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 68
I just picked up a nice all numbers matching Spreewerke P38 yesterday. By serial number, it was made in June 1944. It has the incorrect grips for the gun. They are Walther grips, MD 38/Z3 with mold marks of 1529/left grip, 1528/right grip. The magazine is also incorrect. It's marked P38v, e/359 which is a late ac43, early ac44 Walther magazine. Overall the gun is in fantastic condition. I will be on the lookout for grips and an e/88 magazine now. I am not sure yet if I will shoot this one.

I also picked up a nice RC, bnz 42 k98 at a gunshow last week.

_DSC4232_edited-1_zpsc83295d8.jpg

_DSC4233_edited-1_zps929e13f5.jpg

_DSC4235_edited-1_zpsade0bc2d.jpg

Great looking pistol you found Idaho. I found a very nice one a few years ago and do shoot it once in a while. But for shooting I found a early P-1 that has a war time upper and use it for a shooter.

Attachments

• phpiSIYHYPM.jpg
    phpiSIYHYPM.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 40
That is what I am thinking. I can find early P1's for around $300, and shoot them when I want. With this Spreewerke being a numbers matching gun, I sure would hate to have a part break on me. That could knock the value down considerably. I might shoot a mag or two of lower powered target ammo through it one day though.

Nice piece of family history you got there Bozz10mm. Those Roth Styer's have always interested me but I never found one for sale when I had money to spend, some day maybe.

My great great grandfather used this in the Civil War, Colt 1851 Navy.

Attachments

• 1851.JPG
    1851.JPG
    230.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Carmady, what a great piece of family history

highpower3006, that is a gorgeous Luger. I'm jealous, I have been looking for a really nice WWI piece like that.

British SMLE rifle manufactured in Australia, in 1942 if I recall correctly.
Russian Nagant revolver manufactured in 1944.
Russian Mosin Nagant rifle manufactured in 1929 and most likely used in WWII.

I will try to post some pics later today. The Russian ones I shoot occasionally just for fun. I have used the SMLE as a deer rifle quite a few times.

My favorite would be Margaux,,,

My one and only would be Margaux,,,
8mm French Lebel revolver,,,
Model 1892-mfg 1903.

07-margeaux.JPG

I had a 1911 that was carried in two WW-II south pacific beach landings,,,
As well as being the sidearm for it's promoted owner in Korea.

It belonged to the oldest of my Pop's brothers, Captain Acey Standridge,,,
We discovered he had a wife and daughter a few years back,,,
The daughter had contacted my Pop after 50+ years.

She was ecstatic that I had the handgun after all these years,,,
We transferred posession to her and she had it restored,,,
It was in dismal condition by the time I got ahold of it.

Last but not least is my 8mm K-98 Mauser,,,
Great uncle Bantie brought it back from Europe after WW-II.

Aarond

From the Walther factory to my dads hands to me. My dad took over the Walther factory at the end of the war (not by himself).
He got along well with all the folks there and they gave him this as a gift. Based on serial number, its likely the last engraved Walther to leave the factory and was originally intended to be a presentation to a very high ranking, highly decorated German General. Still doing a little research...

4444.jpg

He was a Master Sergeant, ordnance. Told me they had spread out production in the neighborhood. Hans was finishing triggers at his house, Karl was finishing hammers at his house etc. then all the parts were assembled at the factory and the guns completed. I think they were trying to avoid losing everything if the factory got bombed.

He got everyone and all the tooling back to the factory and put together as many guns as they could. They were packaged up and, according to my dad, sent to the Russians.

I asked him why he didnt grab more stuff. He told me he had "piles of swords, guns, uniforms, helmets etc stacked up curb to curb, three feet high" that he had to get rid of. Said he "just didn't give a sh*t about seeing any more of that crap and sure didn't want more".

Add a ww 1 mixup luger all numbers match but barrel magazines and stock think in may have been exported between the wars as a Luger Carbine.
And a military proofed Mauser that arrived here by way of China
Lastly a plain ww 2 .38 Webley

Attachments

• phpTD3G8YPM.jpg
    phpTD3G8YPM.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 33
  • phpKNpilJPM.jpg
    phpKNpilJPM.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 27
  • phpHbfkMhPM.jpg
    phpHbfkMhPM.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 28
DWM P.08 Luger, manufactured in 1920:

Finnish Model 1939 Service Rifle, Tula Receiver dated 1898 and a SAKO barrel from January 1945:

H&R Reising Model 65, .22 LR - uncertain but given the low sub 5,000 serial number its a good chance it was a WWII USMC training rifle:

SKS Type 56 - not sure when it was made, but this was a rifle my grandfather brought back from Vietnam:

GM Inland M-1 Carbine, matching barrel and receiver both dated January 1944:

US Rifle Caliber .30, M1. Springfield Armory, matching barrel and receiver dated January 1941. All drawing numbers correct generation.

Jad0110 -

That Luger appears to have military markings, meaning it's unlikely it was manufactured in 1920. Is the chamber marked?

Stevie - Ray -

That Luger appears to maybe be nickel plated? (hopefully not)

Back