show off your hunting pix

big jon

heres mine i got him after 6 days of hunting(scobie ranch)wincheter 30-30
lastscan4.jpg

wow

way to go rlog5 that has been a dream of mine for awhile, ive been acouple times in panwitch utah but have been skuned. my brother has land in st johns az not quite elk counry but its purty close.. thanks for sharing

Thanks, Jon.

I used to daydream about elk when I was a kid hunting whitetails in PA. Moved out here a few years ago, and had to give it a try. I got skunked the first two years, then was at right place at the right time last fall. All of that long-range practice with the .300 WSM; then only needed a 55-yard shot for this guy. But I'm not complaining. He's tasty! :D

attachment.php

I took this buck before I went to work last Dec. The brow tines are as tall as the rest of the rack, which I thought was neat. The wife insisted that I have it mounted and put on the wall.

Attachments

• deer fl.JPG
    deer fl.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 458
2006 Tom

Hey Folks,

Here's the turkey I shot Sat. morning at 10:30 he gobbled once about 400 yards away or more. I called aggressively with long pauses between calls. He came in silently and I shot him in the head and neck at 35 yards. (I checked after the shot with a laser rangefinder!).

Shot with Browning Gold Hunter 12 gauge 3 1/2" magnum #4 Heavy Shot standard full choke. DOA did nothing but flop at the shot!

He weighed 18 pounds on a certified set of scales. (Town & Country feed store) Had a 9&3/4" beard & 1" spurs.

06SpringGobbler003resized.jpg

Chuck

I've really been blessed over the last few years... I've been hunting in Dooley county Georgia... I killed this 8pt buck @304 yards, and this bohemith 174-1/2 lb (oth) doe at 150 yards in 2004; then killed this 228 lb (oth) nine pointer in 2005 with a neck shot at 250 yards. I wonder what this season will bring?
PS: All were killed with a Winchester Model 70 in a 270WSM with 130grain nolser balistic tip

Attachments

• 2005 buck1.JPG
    2005 buck1.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 113
  • Your mount 2.JPG
    Your mount 2.JPG
    209.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 174.5 doe.JPG
    174.5 doe.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 111
Thanks for the compliment. I really treasure having the oportunity to take a doe that big. I've never even seen one that big . When I first saw her, I thought she was a buck!!! I really looked carefully before I took the shot.

Back