Show me your suppressor!

Well here are a few. Always glad to encourage suppressor ownership.:D

My TAC-16 on my H&R Ultra Varmint. I no longer own this gun.

Ultra-Varmint_TAC-16.jpg

Then there is my TAC-62.

BAW2245TAC-62small.jpg

And of course there is the Tom Denall 77/44 Silent Destroyer.

7744SDSmall.jpg

Never have had the opportunity to have/shoot a suppressor (you go away for a long time, fed prison, if have one in ca) BUT id love to have one of these!

For those lucky enough to not be denied, how effective are suppressors and how much does it hurt the range?

55605.gif

How effective?

I can shoot NATO surplus from my MK14 and M21A5 without any hearing protection.

Click on picture to view video

How much does it hurt the range?

I have not experienced any negative effect on range, it actually makes my M14s and AK more accurate.

WOWW! amazing!

(i probably sound silly this excited, but CA restricts us so much, anything out of the "ordinary" i love)

why does the Sub-Sonic require manual cycling?

The reduced powder charge required to keep the bullet subsonic and avoid the supersonic "crack" sound also means that there's not enough recoil to cycle the gun's action reliably.

Yep, sub sonic ammo will not cycle the M14s action, however sub sonic cycles perfectly in my 7.62 AKM.

UltimateAKM-3.jpg

Sad to say that my AK can is a bit of a failure. With standard ammo it is still loud enough to require ear plugs, the trigger slaps back on my finger painfully, the 220 grain subsonic ammo I loaded will not feed well and is inaccurate. Oh well, first can I made that did not live up to expectations.

suppressedwasr.jpg

I am very pleased with my M700 in 338RUM and the can I made for it. A 250 grain bullet with 91 grains of 7828 moving 2900 fps makes lots of noise. When suppressed it is a puddy cat.

remington700.jpg

The 1895 Nagant is just a little pop gun, but still fun with the 9mm can attached. It has that unique combination of very consistant ammo with a very poor trigger. Haha.

1895nagant-2.jpg

Ranb

For those lucky enough to not be denied, how effective are suppressors and how much does it hurt the range?

Doesnt hurt the range at all. Its just making it quieter.

They can be quite effective. Watch the vids I posted. You can get an idea of how loud it is in comparison to the shells hitting the bench in the .22, the hammer dropping at the end on an empty chamber that is almost as loud as the shot.

I don't know what's more disturbing about that picture:

1. The apparent Dr. Pepper addiction
2. The blood-soaked mouse pad
3. or the home made "flash hider" stuck onto the end of rifle with a pvc fitting, where the rifle is teetering on step ladder and computrer monitor.

Funny, I was looking through my photo's and only have pic's of my 45 suppressor. I need to get some photo's of the others.

not mine but amazing what people will put on there photobucket page.

Under "handmade ninja weapons" no less...

ttp://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll460/ichirowong/Handmade%20Ninja%20Weapons/Silencer-longview.jpg

Back