Shout out to your favorite gun store!

Here in Lexington KY I have Nine LGS's to choose from. Believe it or not I like Bud's the best. No you're not gonna be recognized as a good customer because you've spent a few thousand dollars, the place is pretty busy.
The small shops around here are all filled with snobby employees who would rather not get of their asses or even pretend to want your business to make a sale.
Buds is a big, busy store, but with the CS of a mom and pop store. I guess it's in the employees' training. They're always willing to help and usually with a genuine smile.
Also I love the reactive steel range. I belong to a large (1,500 acre) Sportsmen's club here and can do about any type of shooting, but sometimes I'll go to Buds to knock em down.

I am really fortunate to have two great shops near me.

Dennis at Burnt Mill Smithing in Churchville, NY is a great smith, and he can get me just about any specific collectable firearm if I am patient and give him time to find it. Prices are good, his work is simply outstanding, and he is a great person to work with.

Beikirchs in East Rochester, NY is easily the largest shop in our area and their staff are friendly, competent, and willing to go the extra mile to make a sale. They have a great selection, decent prices, and, to my wife's dismay, they are located less than 10 minutes from where I work...so I can run there on my lunch hour on a regular basis...

United gun shop in Rockville MD.

Fair prices and the best customer service I've ever experienced in a gun shop.

Added bonus, their website is fantastic for ordering firearms.

Dave's Gun Shop in Drums, PA. Not the biggest place, but I've never found a more friendly and knowledgeable staff.

Also, I will concur with TJB101. Tanners in Jamison, PA is a classy place with a great staff. The only knock on them is they have such dedicated local support that it's always busy and you have to wait for service....but it's worth the wait.

Buffalo Bills in Orlando, FL. Solid black powder firearms shop plus flawless work as a FFL for all my firearms transfers. Knowledgable !

David. :)

Not necessarily the "best" but the most interesting one I know is Collectors Firearms up in Houston. It's like a firearms museum and a gun shop had a child! Prices aren't the greatest, but the people are decent enough and the guns are really cool.

Frontier Arms in Cheyenne, WY is the BEST, hands down. Anyone coming to town for Frontier Days or just passing through should stop by. The owners and staff are the friendliest and most helpful gun store people you'll ever meet.

* Disclaimer: I do not own or work for this LGS, but I do buy guns from them.

Fox Firearms, Grants Pass, OR

I got a decent price on an FNX 9 and the ammo I bought cost less than what I could find online. They treat me decently and they're easy to get along with.;)

Gun Gallery in Jacksonville, FL has a great indoor AC Pistol range, the most knowledgeable staff and have a great selection of guns in all price levels. they have High quality production 1911s and custom pistols from LB< DW< etc. Great guns, great people nice range what's not to love?

* PEKIN GUN & SPORTING GOODS * Derby St., Pekin, Illinois
Good folks to deal with. I enjoy going in there, because they usually have a great selection of new and used firearms, are knowledgeable, friendly,
and competitively priced. If they think I might be interested in something they get in, they will give me a call. I like that.

They also carry a good supply of powder and reloading components, and I appreciate the fact that even during the primer, powder, and .22 ammo shortages, they didn't price gouge.

I've done a lot of business there, and always found them to be fair. Keep up the good work, guys and gals!

Whitetail Outfitters in Christiansburg, VA. If they don't have it in stock they'll get it for you. And net prices match the Internet.

Delco shooting Supply in Prospect Park, Pa. Small shop, father and son. I buy all my cast bullets from them.
Gun prices are fair considering being a small shop.

I can't pick just one, so-
The Lost Target, Pownal Vt.
Pete's Gun Shop, Adams Ma.
Dave's Gun Shop, Pittsfield Ma.
Not listed in order of how I like them, each one is good and each has good CS.

The Gun Shop in Idaho Falls, Id. They always seem to have whatever I may need at reasonable prices. Guys behind the counter know their stuff.
Used to be Matthews & Son in Downey, Ca., but, alas, they're gone.

Ray's Sporting Goods and Hardware in Dallas and Faith Armory in Waxahachie. Ray's is bigger and has way more stuff. It also has friendly, knowledgeable staff. But Faith Armory is more local to me, and the owner and staff are very friendly.

Mikes Guns in St. Charles Missouri.
I don't know that I could say that I've ever met a more fair and honest man in the business of selling firearms, and I've met a lot of fair and honest men in the business of selling firearms.

Back