Shout out to your favorite gun store!

Prof Young

One of my favorites is Trojan Arms in Troy IL. Seriously gracious and nice proprietors. Good selection and good prices. Gun smithing services. Anytime I'm in the neighborhood I stop in and take a look at what's on the rack and in the case. This is "Mom and Pop" GS at it's best.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Shout out to Olde English gun shop in Tipp City, Ohio. Good people. Good selection. Good prices on most items. Oeoutfitters.com.

Four Seasons, Woburn MA

Last time I was there, after I made my purchase and the shop was closing, I stayed a half hour just swapping jokes with the staff.

They have held stuff for me, never complained about odd stuff, long as its legit they work with you.

Tanners in PA. Their prices often beat online prices. Owner will bring in 50, 100 guns and they'll be gone in a couple of weeks. Check 'em out on Facebook.

Right to bear arms in Haubstadt, In and Meeks guns in Fort Branch, In. Good people and their prices are also on par with internet sales. They have good selections and all of their long guns are accessible to the customer to handle without having to have an employee pull them out for you. If they do not have something you want they are more than accomodating with transfers from internet gun sales with a very reasonable transfer fee.
Yep, thats about as good as it gets in my book.

HP Shooting Center McHenry Il., just recently under new owner and haven't had a chance to get there yet because of a heart surgery. Fear was that they were going to close and the range would have been lost.

I'm pretty new to the firearm experience but I really enjoy LAX Ammo in Inglewood, CA.
They just opened up a second location in San Diego if anyone's down in that area! ( I think they only sell ammunition though. /: )

The best out here :D

THE CAMP-SITE SPORT SHOP
1877 New York Ave. (Route 110)
Corner of W. 16th St.
Huntington Station, NY 11746

Sean & his crew are the best -- always helpful -- they know what they're doing -- always donate a few firearms for our "Firearms Civil Rights Conference" ;)

On the other hand -- :mad:

Hunter Sports in Massapequa -- just plain sucks -- "." :mad:

They are shoe salesmen -- meaning thats what they might as well be selling :rolleyes:

Go in there with a question - unless theres a fist full of dollars waving in they're faces -- they couldn't care less :mad:

Bullet Stop Gun Shop in Hartford, Missouri (9 mi east of Unionville on MO 136). Family business owned by Jim and Doreen Madison. New and used guns of all types. Sells lots of Henrys and Rugers. Has good relationship with Anthony Imperato of Henry. Fair prices and will listen to offers on used guns. Gives back to the community with special sales and activities several times a year.

I seem to shop at a store for a few years and then have a bad experience and move on. Maybe I’m too “sensitive” or just expect too much from businesses that often employee family and friends, but I guess that’s another thread.

I’ve generally had good experiences with Clyde Armory in Athens GA. They have always been friendly, profession, maintain a decent selection, have competitive prices and the building has a turret.

On Sight Shooting in Casa Grande, Arizona, clean and bright little store with big ambitions, knowledgeable staff and a funny owner.

Hate to complain, but I rarely run across gun stores to brag about.
Maybe too many store owners and staff try to turn their hobby into a business without the know how.
Knowing something and trying to do a business about it are vastly different.

Frank's Shooting Supply in Canastota, NY. Great service, knowledgeable owner and good inventory. What I really like about Frank is that he is not in business just to sell stuff. He actually helps novice buyers and promotes what would be reasonable for that customer and never tries to sell novices on something they won't be able to handle.

Great Guns in Palatka, Florida, friendly people and a great selection while being happy to order for you. Great prices and the owner threw in free cases for a few new guns I bought.

Lawful Defense in Alachua, Florida. Not quite as good as Great Guns but still friendly and patient people who are knowledgeable and happy to show you gun after gun. They also fo gunsmithing and custom coatings on guns.

My gun shop loyalty pretty much follows my gas station loyalty. If they have what I want and they have the cheapest price, they get my business. I bought my first gun from Cabelas yesterday only because they had what I wanted at the best price. It took them longer to do the paperwork than any other place I have ever bought a gun.

Olde English gun shop in Tipp City and Miami Armory in Miamisburg. Both are great stores to bo business with. I have purchased firearms from both of them.:)

Back