Should I use this or a 22 for Home Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you would be better off with a semi-wadcutter .177 cal pellet. I have a box if you would like them.:p

HMMM, Pretty cool...

But I'm holding out for a class 3, belt fed,flintlock with electronic priming, in caliber .69 belchfire magnum, loaded with special diamond coated tungsten steel inverted hollowpoint bullets loaded with300 grains of "Bullseye" in a bronze coated parchment paper case.
And don't forget the electrically charged 4 ft Bayonet!!:rolleyes:

So are you going to load it with hollowpoints or full metal jacket rounds?

It looks an awesome piece of firepower, a little reminiscent of an MGL. In the UK we used to have a 5 round 37mm rotary launcher called an ARWEN 37, for which a wide variety of rounds were made. Originally envisaged as a riot control weapon, the Army (possibly quite sensibly) thought that soldiers might get carried away and start 'double-tapping' rioters!!

(Foul slander - but quite accurate too!)

It was quite sensitive and we changed to the South African 40mm MGL, which was built like a tank and reliable as hell. The South Africans use them en masse during assaults and pond the target with numerous 40mm hits, before getting closer to 'mix it up'.

Quite accurate and this one looks quite close to it.

I wonder how much it would weigh with a full compliment of 'extras' on those picatinny rails? This soldier looks quite 'restrained' having only added an optical sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back