Should i trade my beretta inox????? Help

The D frame Colt isn't 'delicate', nor will shooting it rip your hand off. I believe the pictured grips are original to the gun. This is the kind of performance I get from my Cobra, and it didn't rip my hand off.

This is the type of accuracy I get from my 1931 32/20 OP @ 25yds with 63 year old eyesight.

The biggest problem with the old colt revolvers is parts availability, and even tho it's not a S&W working on them isn't rocket surgery.

Finally, find one with a skinny barrel an unshrouded ejector and wood grips, Colt designers of the last dick specials musta been on drugs.

I would trade a Beretta 92 for the "prestine" Colt Detective.
I would also get another handgun to carry. Maybe a used S&W or Kahr.

The action design of the Colt D series is delicate, or MORE delicate than the ones I mentioned. They lock up on, and take the recoil pounding ON, the hand, and this accelerates wear. I've owned about six or seven of them over the years, and indexing started to go slightly off (not fully locking before being able to drop the hammer). Your experiences may differ, but that does not nullify what I have experienced, and I got tired of paying for gunsmiths to "fix" a problem that was built into the gun's design.

Colt

I passed on the colt! Figured if something ever went wrong lord hope not, I have to find the few who still work on them in this country and to me the hassle isn't worth it but thanks for the replys. Got a older s@w 10
With a action like a colt. Just as smooth as butter

My GF inherited an early 50's j-frame. To be honest she hated firing the thing and it just sat in the safe. I wouldn't carry that Colt.

D frame Colts are probably the most delicate of all the premium dbl action lockworks out there. Find an older gunsmith and ask him.

I'd take the colt in a heartbeat. If you have a rotation, then don't carry the colt, and fire mild round in it once in a while. Then again, Beretta never really got my heart racing. The Colt DS is a sweet little gun. If you're looking for a compact 6 shot, I second the opinion to get a Model 10 and carry that.

Do it! :) Oops-the op has already decided. He passed on the Colt and got a K-framed Smith instead. Nothing wrong with that.

Back