Should i sell some ammo?

DaleA:

Despite storing 7.62x39 in 2018-19, it would be good to replace some of it by next summer.

The bulk price has come down on Tula and Wolf since Nov/Dec.

It was $620 for 1,000 rds. of fmj Tula, at either AiMsurplus or JGSales.
Now down to $499 for 1,000 of Wolf.

On Ammoseek, Several distributors have it in bulk at a similar price/ round.
This really surprised me.
Possibly people are fed up with the previous, recent prices, Then adding Sales Tax plus shipping?

Whenever we begin to see a fairly similar decrease for either Russian .223 or basic, 9x19 mm “range ammo”, it could produce the first nervousness among the serial retail ammo flippers.

If I had two lifetimes of ammo, instead of my depicted, mega-pricey Sig 551, it would be smarter to buy a (Second) Czechpoint VZ-58 now, for $1,800, or an SAR-3 (or Norinco) in .223.

Last edited:
first of all, you have to define a lifetime supply....

For me, that's a lot of 9mm
100rnds every other week
216.6rnds a month (because weeks vs months)
2600rnds per year

If I live and get to keep shooting until I am 70

that is 91,000rnds, 3 lifetimes supply would be 273,000 rounds....

That not including my wife who only shoots a couple time per year, and my kids who are getting older and wanting to go shooting more frequently....

That also does not include a few hundred rounds to break in and familiarize with a new firearm. I know most new guns don't NEED it. But for my own sake I like to fire 200 rounds through every new go to make sure it is functioning properly, and I am familiar with the gun and its operation.

In short I need every round I can get my hands on right now. It have a LOT of stacking it deep to do to get to 91,000rnds....

Last edited:
"If I live and get to keep shooting until I am 70"

You mean I only have two years left of shooting. My heart is breaking.

I have a lot of ammo and I do a lot of shooting at the range. I never really intended to accumulate it for any serious stock-piling reasons, but I always picked up several boxes everytime I went into my local gun stores to visit with my friends. If I went through the gun department at a big box, I would pick up a couple of boxes of some new brand I had never shot.

Wow, it really can build up fast. I like guns and I like ammo. So, buying it was fun for me. I have cut my range visits down to once a week, and I no longer just blast away like I once did. But I keep buying. Last week, I bought 8 boxes of 45 Long Colt and when I got home, I remembered that I no longer have a gun that shoots it! [emoji16]

I have been helping friends who have been red-pilled and decided to buy guns. They appreciate the help. They are new and are accustomed to getting what they want when they want it. They are learning that the liberal notion that assault weapons and cannon balls don't just fall out of trees. Shooting and guns, in these times, are not easy. But, they are friends andI love them.....so I help them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sort of like the stock market. Right now the product in in huge demand. As you say Tula 9mm went from $6.00 a box of 50 to around $40.00 - $50.00. and that was just in one year. Not to mention very scarce. Now what will be the price in one more year? Two more or 4 more years? You could sell now but the price is going to go up considerably. However eventually the Product will be Illegal to own. So you could loose everything. Unless of course you sell it on the street like any other illegal contraband.
Now consider what the US will look like at the end of 4 years. It is going to be a total mess, and you might wish you never sold a single round of ammo.

Sort of like the stock market

Yes, that's why I buy when the price is low.

I bought a lot of components & ammo 2 & 3 years ago when price was very reasonable, however I buy to hold (shoot).

I have plenty to satisfy my shooting sports needs.

Buy low sell high? NO, I Buy low & HOLD!

Right now I am not buying for the rest of my life, I have enough to support my shooting habit twice a week. So personally I would not sell.

I don't really believe an armory's worth of ammo is going to do me much good for taking on an F35 or M1, nor do I see myself mowing down hordes of anarchist apocalypse zombies. Sure could use some primers, though.

"If I live and get to keep shooting until I am 70"

You mean I only have two years left of shooting. My heart is breaking.
Yeah, me too! That's depressing. I'm hoping that I can at least hobble along until I'm 80 or so, since I'm normally doing 100 rounds per week right now.

I've been selling some of my extra ammo to my friend who owns our local gun shop.
He has treated me well in the past so I figure it's my turn to help him a bit.
He needs some ammo on his shelves to keep customers coming in.
I can still make a handsome profit on my unneeded ammo while helping my LGS stay in business during tough times. It's a win for everyone.

I've been selling some of my extra ammo to my friend who owns our local gun shop.
He has treated me well in the past so I figure it's my turn to help him a bit.
He needs some ammo on his shelves to keep customers coming in.
I can still make a handsome profit on my unneeded ammo while helping my LGS stay in business during tough times. It's a win for everyone.
I did the same thing for a local pawn/ gun shop. He was completely shut out on 22lr about two months ago. He sells a lot of 22 rifles and I have a ton of 22lr. I took him about 5000 rounds so he would have ammo to sell with guns. He was quite grateful.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back