Should I buy used Diamondback or new SW 617?

Here is why I passed on that Diamondback

I went back with my glasses and the money and with that very helpful post on how to check a revolver. When I turned the cylinder slowly one cylinder would not let the locking bolt fall into place by itself, if I then moved the cylinder very slightly it fell right in.
Also, it had more end play then I thought was good. The cylinder had a rub mark on the front from hitting the forcing cone and a rub mark at the rear from hitting that nub that is on the frame in the the corner (outside).
It did have a beautiful trigger and great balance. I will wait til I find one that was taken care let I would care for it. Thanks for all your help and ideas. I think you saved me some trouble.

So Skeeter, ole' buddy, for the benefit of the rest of us TFLers, pray tell what's the name, location and phone number of that dealer?

BTW, I already have a 4" 22 Diamondback and have access to a 4" 38 cal Diamondback. No need to get any more and I've got enough.

OK that Diamondback is at Prescott Valley Guns in PV Arizona. 928 772 7705. Still think it is worth it considering what I posted above?

Sounds like the yoke is bent and needs a bit of tweaking if the cylinder is rubbing against the barrel and the frame. That's an easy fix.

Regarding the bolt, bolt timing is controlled by the rebound lever and not the cylinder notches. If it doesn't hang up on regular DA or SA mode (regular speed), I wouldn't worry about it.

If I were interested, I'd certainly buy the gun.

BTW, do a search under my name in the Smithy Forum. The keywords are "Python disassembly" and once linked to it, there's an explanation of how the internals of the Diamondback revolver works.

Back