Should I automatically dump these scopes?

I usually end up putting them on rimfire rifles or pellet guns at some point.

I often will keep them for a few months because a new gun and new glass are not usually in the budget at the same time.

I'd dump them, but that's me. Wasted a lot of time re-zeroing tatty scopes,
just to lose game animals on the next shot. Leupold, Zeiss, & Nikon have proven dependable, to me.

I've bought a half dozen axes and 111 hunter combo rifles over the years--they all came with low-end optics which I generally ditched or they fell apart themselves in short order. So yes--I'd bail on them if they are not at least Nikon prostaff grade. The math doesn't work out by the time all the wasted ammo is calculated IMO--and considering the inherent accuracy of savage barrels you're doing yourself a disservice (or savage figures ho-hum accuracy is good enough for the average core-lock or nothing hunter) by using cracker-jack box optics.:rolleyes::)

I have not had any experience with those two scopes, but my experience with rifle / scope combos has not been good. I am two for two in getting bad scopes with Howa 1500 rifles. In my book those scope are give a ways.

Not one of my rifles that came with a scope has that scope on it now.
All are one a shelf in the basement or I have given them away.

Last edited:
Wow I thought the scopes that came with the rifle combos were just props for display purposes I didn’t realize people actually considered using them......lol

Back