Shots needed to neutralize

Double tapping paper targets in the head is one thing: hitting that mess of a human being who is trying to grab your gun out of your hand while your trying to not shoot innocent bystanders is another.

Emptying the magazine into him makes logical sense; but not legal. You may live, but it might it be in prison. Some liberal attorney will make you out to be a blood-thirsty militia dirt bag. But then again, "better to be judged by twelve than carried by six". Whatever happened to the right to defend your own life?

Chase

good post.thats why i have a hard time wanting to help another person if a "situation" happens.:(

Double tapping paper targets in the head is one thing: hitting that mess of a human being who is trying to grab your gun out of your hand while your trying to not shoot innocent bystanders is another.
All that is in your head. You have a target and a weapon, if you use the weapon correctly you will hit the target. There is nothing impossible about it. If you cannot use the weapon properly you need more training. Proper training is usually expensive or requires a certain field of employment.

Emptying the magazine into him makes logical sense; but not legal.
Why would it be illegal to continue firing until the threat is gone?

If you do not think you will be able to properly use your weapon either due to legal or skill issues then why carry at all?

There is nothing impossible about it
he did not say that.

he said

If you do not think you will be able to properly use your weapon either due to legal or skill issues then why carry at all?
for MY defence.why should i chance my freedom for someone else?

My point is that it is the same thing, it is a target, possible moving, but still a target. You need to push everthing else from your mind and do what needs to be done.
for MY defence.why should i chance my freedom for someone else?
What kind defense do you get from an improperly used weapon? And how did your freedom come into it?

I have always felt that keeping a cool head is half the battle whether in a fistfight or something worse. My saving grace has always been that I do not panic easily. Don't get me wrong. My heart pounds, but I remain in control. I'm working on the weapons training. You guys ain't kidding about that. A lot of guys sure could use more of it.

I stopped caring about a weapon's supposed stopping power after seeing two Iraqis survive being hit with .50 cal fire (three in one of them, two in the other). If you're happy with the caliber you're carrying, and you can hit what you aim at, you're better prepared than most people are.

who said anything about an improperly used weapon?
I did. Reread the quote you posted a reply to. Still not getting the freedom issue, just because "Some liberal attorney will make you out to be a blood-thirsty militia dirt bag." does not endanger your freedom. In fact if you some how stopped him from doing so you would be violating his freedoms. Of course you have the right to make him out as a pacifist liberal dirtbag.;)

Back