Shotgun Warranty

A longer warranty doesn't mean better. Ruger for example doesn't offer a warranty on their guns at all. Taurus offers a lifetime warranty but a quick search will tell you who has a much higher rated customer service. Hint: it is Ruger.

You get what you pay for and if it sounds too good to be true, it is. You made a wise choice with your Browning. Hope you enjoy it.

Ok so I can't leave well enough alone and after getting my Browning I decided I needed a shorter grind to fit recoil pad, drilled and tapped a midbead, and added sling swivels.

Then I had to wait all the way till October 15th to see now well my new shotgun was going to be in the rear world. It didn't take long to realize this gun is almost 100% what I needed. If the rear stock fit just a bit better it would be perfect.

But here's a few photos from the field.

Wisconsin bag limit is 2 per day except opening weekend where it's 1 per day. So far i'm at 14.

Nice looking shotgun-with some pretty wood to boot. Imo, the used Browning was a better deal than the new CZ. You did good.

I enjoyed looking at your photo with the roosters but I'm left wondering-where's the dog?

You know I get that question all the time. I don't have a dog but wish I did. I work really hard for what I get and some may laugh or think i'm crazy but until I find a pet friendly apartment or buy a house I'm dogless.

When I take my friend Kas hunting and people ask he says that we take turns being the dog.

QUOTE: "...until I find a pet friendly apartment or buy a house I'm dog less."

Being dogless is being man's best friendless. Time to get cracking. ;)

Yeah I know. Trying to avoid a 30 year mortgage in a place I don't think I want to live 30 years in. Or take a $500 a month rent hike to get one of those dog happy places down the road.

But it would be nice to have a field friend or someone willing to sit long hours in the marsh and retrieve waterfowl.

I did once shoot a pheasant flying over a pond. Luckily it kicked in a direction closer to shore before it died. So I didn't get to wet.

You wrote that the stock doesn't fit quite right. Have an experienced instructor or gun fitter check it out. Often all you need is a thinner or thicker pad or some mole skin added to the comb. I think you made a good gun choice.

The gun doesn't fit properly due to the height of the wood that touches my cheek causing me to look down the rib a bit. I have already replaced the recoil pad with one that gives me a proper length of pull.

If I force the stock up into my cheek very hard it works just fine but I've been debating cutting the stock to make an adjustable cheek piece. Using correct parts of course.

But in the long run it's not going to kill me to leave it the way it is now. The pheasants don't care when they're in my game bag and the clays don't know what hit them.

I used the Mossberg warranty on my Silver Reserve II...

Bought it from a dealer, opened the case to make sure everything was there, but didn't check the wood. Came home and there was an unfinished edge on the forend. Don't get me wrong, it was going to be my trap gun, so I knew there were going to be marks... but not on a brand new gun.

Mossberg was very good, and the representative I talked to wanted to check with his supervisor on whether they were going to bring the gun back or just send out a forend. While he was doing that, I grabbed some snap caps and tried working the action. I forget which barrel it was, but when one fired, the action was impossible to open (fired both, or just that one; if I fired just the other, opened fine). When the representative heard that, he emailed a label to get it back.

Got it a few weeks later, and looked/functioned perfectly. I have about 400 rounds through it, with no major issues (had one failure to fire on Federal; had a primer strike mark, so reloaded it and went off the second time).

I feel good with the shotgun now, but if anything else occurs, I'll get it back to Mossberg. It may be Turkish made, but when Mossberg stamps their name on it, they better make it right.

The Turks are now where the Spanish were a few decades ago - they have the ability to make excellent guns and guns made to sell for low price points. The better, more expensive stuff is well made and sells for several thousand dollars. Kimber had a true sidelock made by AKUS who also made the S&W Elite Gold (now the Dickinson from Cabelas). Those guns were a good value when in production and a great one when discontinued and sold off for half the price.

Back