Shotgun Ranking Survey

If the Kel-Tec KSG is just a toy, you might want to inform the South Korean 707th Special Mission Battalion "White Tiger" anti-terrorist force, and the French Recherche Assistance Intervention Dissuasion (R.A.I.D.) counter-terrorism strike force anti-terror unit.

You might also notify several US prison response teams, and it's in limited use by the US Army and several other US military special ops units who have them in use for special situations.

Today's KSG is not the early KSG that had problems.

Not to step on toes but if a gun on the posted list is a "toy" it's the Shockwave, unless you're a bodyguard working in a car or US Marshall Witness Protection unit.

Truth be told, the premier US defense shotgun is the Remington 870 Police model, which is used by over 95% of all American law enforcement.

....the South Korean 707th Special Mission Battalion "White Tiger" anti terrorism force

I completely realize these are likely very very highly trained hard surgically violent men.........but I can’t say that name without laughing. :(

True the White Tiger name is funny.

But then people used to chuckle at the name SEAL, and "Green Beret" is hilarious.
However, in all three cases I wouldn't recommend laughing where they could hear you.

Pumps, Win 12-Ithaca 37- Rem 31 and barely early 870s. Also Rem 11 autos
we're dependable. There were some Stevens Pumps but my outfit didn't have
any. MPs had them for brigg guards. Guys were buying SKBs in Japan and bringing them back to RVN. There was a shortage of issue shotguns. Moss was
bottom shelf gun. It hasn't got any better- the rest just got worse.

I’ve been around a long time, and so has Mossberg. They make a gun that is cheap, too to bottom/end to end. They haven’t made a reliable shotgun since they quit making their bolt action shotguns. The price tag attracts new shooters, I know some who have bought one, but I don’t know anyone who has ever bought 2!

I think the military and many law enforcement agencies might disagree with you. They are made to withstand abuse, mistreatment, dirt and crud because the government demanded that they be reliable. I have a Mossberg 500 and I consider them the Glock of shotguns due to their reliability. There are better shotguns but they are at a much higher price point.

Hi Everyone,

If you had to rank these four 12 gauge shotguns, which ones would earn the top three places?

Benelli M1 Super 90
Mossberg 590A1 20”
Mossberg 590 Shockwave
Keltec KSG
1. KSG
2. Benelli
3. 590A1

KSG took size to the minimum allowed by law and maximized capacity. There are no shotguns shorter than the KSG that can be bought outside of the NFA tax stamp bull crap. I don't see much of a purpose for the KSG outside of combat, but since all the choices are combat shotguns, I assume that we're basing all this off of what they can do in a fight, not how they would be on the skeet range.

Benelli semi auto is legendary. I'm not a fan of semi auto shotguns, but if I was going into a war zone, I think I'd rather have a semi auto shotgun than a pump.

Mossberg 590A1 is a rock solid piece of excellence.

The Shockwave is a great idea on paper, but if I had to choose, I'd rather get a KSG instead. Shooting off the shoulder is just easier and more accurate. The Shockwave is something that Steven Segal would have loved to have in Out for Justice or some other action movie cuz it looks so tactical cool.

Back