Shotgun for HD

You use a pistol to get to a shotgun, note other way around. 1 00 buck to cent or of mass would be very effective. It would also be easier to make one shot from a stationary position than shooting several times with a pistol. I think people forget, that bad guys shoot back. Argue what you want. 00 buck will do the job better than a pistol.

can I make 3 shots on target in 2 sec with my 1911 ...or with my shotgun ?? I'm a little quicker with my 1911 / or a S&W revolver than I am with most shotguns.

Both the handgun and the shotgun may work just fine...( and I train a lot with my shotguns - and my handguns ) ...but I'm still quicker with my handgun.

This reminded me of an article I read. The author is ..um.. opinionated, but he claims a single blast of shotgun 00 buck is equal to four simultaneous shots of .45, or almost 9 simultaneous shots of .380. I have no idea if what he says is true or not, but thought I would add a link.

http://www.shootingillustrated.com/index.php/26463/its-the-math-stupid/

This is just intuitive and not the product of any training or experience. Ideally, I like the idea of a handgun because it is quicker to get to in the middle of the night. It may take me two seconds to get it out compared to 5 or 6 to pull out the 970. I also like having it as a back up should anything go wrong with the 870 or it just runs empty. I can also pass the handgun to my wife or one of the adult kids. Still, if I only can have one defense weapon I chose the shotgun.

As for a weapons light, circumstances may not call for it in which case you don't turn it on, but you are simply SOL if you do need one and don't have it.

Back