Short barrel AR in NY?

Yeah, well I am one of those poor slobs too. I am awaiting my 16 1/4" barrel that's legal here in NY.
As for looking into becoming a manufacture, I talked to a buddy of mine here in NY about it and he asked me one question that answered mine, "how much paperwork and red tape do you feel like going through". Nuff said.
Thanks again for all the help guys.

Ryan

How do you deal with the 10 round magazine limit in NY. One of the reasons I waited till I got out of NY were the stupid 10 round mag limits

DSC00777.jpg

DSC00778.jpg

To Silver Corvette,
It's easy, you buy them in PA. ha ha ha. It's still illegal, but it's not really enforced. Unless you are doing something wrong, you really don't have too much to worry about.
But ordering a new toy is a pain. It has to be sent with the 10 round mag, and usally takes a few days extra.

Ryan

P.S.-Thanks for the pic, I will wipe the drool off my desk after I send this.

I moved from NY 3 years ago and never considered getting an AR till I left the state because of NYs silly rules. Even though I am a retired cop I was afraid of getting into trouble if someone spotted me at the range. Back in 1970 when I was still a rookie cop I was at the Huntington LI NY range and they gave me a hard time about letting my father shoot a few rounds from my hand gun. They were technically right but come on a few rounds from the gun while I was standing next to him. I was just thinking about my father today and how he would have loved to shoot the machine guns. He passed away in 1993 and never got the chance to see or shoot the guns I got after I moved from NY. 1993 is a long time ago but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him

Back