Shootout In MS Gunshop Leaves Two Dead

Both sides were armed and discharged handguns and the younger deceased used his machete first. Given the narrative this looks like poor customer service by the LGS and an aggressive response by the patrons. A tragedy for all. Perhaps this is the cost of doing business in Mississippi?

People can be stupid, disgusting, evil and just flat out worthless. It has been like this since the beginning, the biggest difference now is that the coverage of this negative crap is 24/7.

Both sides were armed and discharged handguns and the younger deceased used his machete first.
He may have brandished it or tried to cut/stab with it, but tests showed only his own DNA was found on the "curved knife" he had.

From the 31 January Picayune article.

"...DNA testing showed Jacob’s was the only DNA found on the part of the knife tested, and that there was no mixture of DNA from other individuals on the sample taken from the knife..."

Samples were taken from both the handle and the blade.

If you have extremely thin skin, then you probably shouldn't be carrying a firearm.
I agree there are people that should not be carrying a gun. Having that determined by whether you have "thin skin" however, is a VERY slippery slope. Exactly who determines if I have a "thin skin", whatever that legally means if anything. My local sheriff I may have had a legitimate run-in with over God knows what, and he simply doesn't like me? An ex-girlfriend that would say anything to anybody if it would put me in hot water? Slippery slope... we don't want to go there.

This wasn't about a "thin skin." This was about someone who didn't want to pay a $25 service charge that he knew about before he went to the shop to retrieve his firearm. The change was reasonable -- the shop had ordered parts for the customer, who then decided not to have the work done. IMHO a $25 fee to cover the cost of returning the part(s), and a probable restocking fee from the vendor, was entirely reasonable.

Killing two people over a $25 service fee is not logical, not reasonable, and not even sane.

I am sure that at some point it became much more of an issue of ego and self righteousness than an issue of $25, though the $25 was the impetus for everything.

Back