Shootout In MS Gunshop Leaves Two Dead

thallub

I think strange and scary are not very good descriptions.

Let me see if I can think of a few words..

Stupid, foolish, unreasonable, shallow, righteous,

Along with a background check, I think they should make people take IQ test to buy firearms.. get a drivers license, procreate, and a few other things.

Think of it.. we'd have a lot fewer guns in the hands of people who shouldn't have them, there would be so few vehicles on the road we probably wouldn't even need traffic lights anymore, and welfare would be a thing of the past!

No gun is worth someone's life. It makes me wonder how something like that escalated.
RIP gentlemen.

Sadly, we seem to be living in an era when if someone feels insulted or slighted, for any reason, then it's OK to shoot and kill the person or persons who insulted them. If you have extremely thin skin, then you probably shouldn't be carrying a firearm.

We're back to living in the fantasy world of the Louis L'Amour westerns ...

"You insulted mah hoss. I'll see you in the street at high noon."

Along with a background check, I think they should make people take IQ test to buy firearms.. get a drivers license, procreate, and a few other things.

Those are the types the government generally employs to administer the testing.

Idiots with guns and all that.
The problem is, the gun-control crowd absolutely loves idiots with guns. It gives them a source of material with which to mock all of us.

"Here's your good guy with a gun exercising his 2nd Amendment rights," is typical of the rhetoric they're throwing around when stuff like this happens.

John Wayne (The Shootist) would also be proud:

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

Well, we still don't know who fired first or if it was necessary or justified. We just know the McCools were not happy with the deal as it was going down, but they may be the victims here, or maybe not.

I remember when I was a kid in the '50s a man went into 7/11 type store and bought some 22 ammo (they did that back then). He paid for the ammo, calmly took out his gun, loaded it and then robbed the store. I know its not funny but I always chuckle a little when I think about it.

The problem is, the gun-control crowd absolutely loves idiots with guns. It gives them a source of material with which to mock all of us.

"Here's your good guy with a gun exercising his 2nd Amendment rights," is typical of the rhetoric they're throwing around when stuff like this happens.
It certainly adds to their argument but I doubt anybody, including the 'anti-gun crowd', loves it when somebody is killed with a gun. BUT, 'idiots with guns' is a problem, yes? No solutions from me, can't legislate away stupidity...But these days, many, many arguments go from pushing and shoving to gun fight...

Back