Shootout at the "Waffle House"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im serious guys. The Waffle House is a popular place for myself and many other enthusiasts. Its like bikers are to certain bars as pistol enthusiasts are to the Waffle House. Many folks simply open carry their weapons into the place like its an NRA convention gone wild.

Magnum-PI said:
The Waffle House is a popular place for myself and many other enthusiasts. Its like bikers are to certain bars as pistol enthusiasts are to the Waffle House. Many folks simply open carry their weapons into the place like its an NRA convention gone wild.
If so, and they're still a hotbed of armed robberies... would that not seem to refute the oft-repeated canard about criminals' being deterred by the presence of armed, law-abiding citizens?

Or are these particular "pistol enthusiasts" not law-abiding? If they're not, that would seem to support the notion that the best "tactic" is to dine elsewhere...

:cool:

Magnum-PI said:
Many folks simply open carry their weapons into the place like its an NRA convention gone wild.

On October 26, 1881 Morgan Earp and J.H. 'Doc' Holiday dined at the Tombstone, AZ Waffle Emporium. According to the testimony of short order cook Lee Fong Wu, they had waffles, eggs, bacon, grits and copious amounts of coffee. Less than two hours later Tom McLaury, Frank McLaury and Billy Clanton lay dead. :eek:

Coincidence? Or does waffles, caffeine and Open Carry lead to gun play? :confused:

They say that those who don't know history, are doomed to repeat it. Stay out of the Waffle House, the life you save may be your own.

I kept waiting for this to turn into a serious thread worth its bandwidth, and it never did.

Closed.

pax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back