Shooting with one gun in each hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did't Jim Cirillo of NYPD stake out squad fame discuss this?

I seem ot recall reading how he utalized it back in the day when a NYPD offiers max armamanet was pair of revolvers -- primary and back up, though from the pictures in the article of his range demo and description it seemed that he had a nice alternating cadance between the two wheel guns shoot recover / shoot recover alternating back and forth,

Seems possible but not very practical for most.

What a waste. I'd rather have hits coming half as fast then misses twice the speed. Last Man Standing was cool though. :D

For training/availability reason's, I plan to practice this is the near future. My plan is to get both hands shooting equally well and then slowly work my way up to point shooting with either hand. At that point, a laser on each gun would lessen the need to acquire a sight picture from either gun.

My plan is to find two 9mm SA/DA pistols such as Ruger P94, Witness Compact or Fullsize, Taurus 24/7 Pro, etc and then train each hand as above.

DISCLAIMER: This in NO WAY, SHAPE, or FORM is to be taken to mean that these skills "will" be used in a life or death/defense situation. Only to mean that they "can" be used, if required, in a SHTF situation. ;)

While the application is not very practical, there are huge benefits to owning the skill. There is a much bigger picture than just having fun. Brownie and I can do it, we get the hits, and we have really pushed it's limitations.

It is exploring the limitations that lead you to the real benefits.;)

Ive done it with two .40's (glock and xd) and wasnt able to hit anything but with two .22 autoloaders it is much easier due to the low recoil. It also is a fun way to learn to shoot with your other hand.

I do it all the time and generally don't hit squat.
In fact, usualy you start shooting up the ground in front of you.
Fortunately, I generally run out of ammo with my .45s before I shoot off my own feet.
I do have a friend though who is very good at it.
At 25 yards he can shoot at things like old wooden signs with a pair of .45 autos and competelly obliterate them. He's like a radar controlled gun turrett with a pair of pistols.
It looks cool in the movies, but I would not recommend it for real life self defense. You are better off taking time and aiming and using both hands to control a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back