Shooting the LCP

Might want to try the Hogue Handall grip sleeve. Doesn't add a lot of bulk, but does help mitigate recoil.it also makes the gun feel better in my hand.
Have it already..yep, it's 'strawberry':eek:, but in my pocket and maybe the guy I gotta use it on will fall down laughing..it was way cheap...

Attachments

• IMG_3830 copy.jpg
    IMG_3830 copy.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 57
Might want to try the Hogue Handall grip sleeve. Doesn't add a lot of bulk, but does help mitigate recoil.it also makes the gun feel better in my hand. That was the reason I added it. I never found the recoil all that bothersome. But the Handall certainly cushoned it some.
https://www.hogueinc.com/handall-hybrid-ruger-lcp-grip-sleeve-black
I tried the Hogue handall grip on my LCP Custom but I took it off. The grip made my LCP at least as fat as my Kahr CM9 and XDS 45. It made my LCP less pocket friendly in the jeans I'm always wearing.

Cheapshooter I agree that the Houge grip is a major upgrade. With it the gun doesn't move around in my hand while shooting like it does without the grip. It doesn't add enough bulk to change anything for me either.

Guys I have medium size hands. This little pistol is easy to hold with my middle & ring finger. It is very easy to shoot at ranges you'll be using it. The trigger pull is about the same as most DA sixguns unless altered. It is also easy to control. I carry it in the pocket holster which came with the pistol. It hides good & is easy to draw. I normally remove it from my hip pocket when entering my vehicle & place it in the pocket when exiting the vehicle.

Is it the best? Could something be better for my use? Probably as there are lots of options out there but I can't nor want to own them all so I'm happy with my choice so far.

..picked one up a while back. ..spent a couple extra $ & got it with the two-tone FDE grip frame/light tan Cerakote (Ruger calls it Sage) slide. ..still was only $200 plus free shipping. ..looks nice. ..only had black or ss guns 'til then so wanted to try something different. But I really do like the color combo. ..lots of color/design choices for the LCP. It seems the LCP II comes only in black. ..bought the prior generation (even before the Custom. ..the Custom has the red trigger) as, for me, I prefer the older trigger, thinner design & slicker (less grippy. I like less grippy in a cc piece as it tends to snag clothing a little less). It's for really deep cc. ..haven't carried it though as the S&W M&P Shield 9mm conceals pretty darn well so I've been carrying it. ..only sent maybe 50-75 various rounds downrange with the LCP & the thing jambs dang near once for each magazine & that's after thoroughly cleaning the thing with Gun Scrubber aerosol cleaner 3x in one day prior to its 1st use, oiling it & then cleaning it after each magazine. I do the Gun Scrubber treatment on all triggers on all new guns. ..pretty cheap trigger job. And I field strip, clean & lube all new guns for the 1st hundred rounds or so after each magazine. ..just me. It's a procedure some recommend for rifles to temper the bbl but I go ahead & do the same on my hg as well. ..probably not necessary. ..picked up a couple of spare mags (one allows an additional round) so maybe those'll help. ..plan on getting it out to the range within the next month to try the new mags & MIL-COMM TW25B Grease in a syringe & a synthetic gun oil I picked up. ..try some different ammo as well. ..gotta sing before it'll be promoted to a cc piece. ..got a handmade Mika brand pocket holster. The inventor hand makes them himself customized for each hg. ..pretty nice pocket holster. But I'm kinda prejudiced toward the Clinger brand Kydex holsters so I got one of those too. If I can get the bugs outta this LCP (may have to send it back to Ruger if it won't settle in after a few hundred rounds) I'm not sure which of the two holsters will win out. ..hear a lot of folks say the LCP is not fun to shoot due to its light weight--9 1/2 oz as compared to the Shield @ more like 21 oz--but for me it doesn't jump around anymore than any other hg I shoot. I just lock the heck outta my wrist & that pretty much keeps it under control.

Yepper. Should you need it a .380 in the pocket trumps a .45 @ home in the sock drawer any day of the week.

only sent maybe 50-75 various rounds downrange with the LCP & the thing jambs dang near once for each magazine
If I can get the bugs outta this LCP

I'd send it back now. I had a LCP(second gen, NOT LCP2) and it was always VERY reliable..as in, never had any issue in hundreds of rounds of just about anything..cheap Russian to high $ XtremeDefender stuff from Underwood..something is amiss, IMHO.

Not sure why you are having problems. Like most every other LCP owner, mine has been 100% reliable from the get go. With any brand, or type of ammo I have put in it. Continues to be 100% reliable today as it was 10 years ago.
I think a call to Ruger is in order.

OK. That's 2 members who've suggested I contact Ruger. ..talked me into it. ..will give 'em a call. Thanks.

Try this. Take the magazines that load them up to full capacity and let them take a "Set" for 48 hrs. Then when shooting, load up minus one round and let the gun break in.
And of course do not load up to full capacity by putting a round in the chamber and then the loaded mags. Load up the mags, rack the slide and drop the magazine and load another into the mag.

The LCP Custom is my favorite mouse gun. I like the red trigger and the fact that it comes with sights. It is reliable. I carry it with a seven round extended magazine and a spare mag. I also added a side mounted laser unit that works well in the dark. I bought it before Laserlyte discontinued these laser units. My LCP looks like the one on this photo.
480407c69bf901addab4e4c4e798fe35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
MrBot, was your LCP made in Prescott, AZ or Mayodan, NC?

And your 6-rd mags, made in ITALY or the USA?

I would call Ruger, as others have suggested.

Carmady, The li'l bugger isn't currently with me. I'll check it out when this changes within the next few days & respond.

I have an LCP II... if I am running or at work, it is on me! It is not fun to shoot at the range, but that's not what its for :D It fits my needs, to be highly concealable and allow me to protect my loved ones if needed.

Just got one of the LCP Customs as shown above with red trigger. Within the first three shots, the front sight went AWOL. The hole it left showed no evidence it had been secured in any fashion. Just looked like it was stuck in there. Ruger is sending a new front sight. I shot it alongside my 9mm Shield and a new 9mm Sig P365. Both of the 9mm's had less recoil than the Ruger .380 .

Back