Shooting Music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the way to or from the range, i may put the radio on. i usually listen when online. aerosmith,ac/dc,def leppard, lynyrd skynyrd,ozzie,black sabbath, a few from system of a down, marilyn manson.

i can't be trying to listen to music when shooting. the earplugs drown it out and others at the range may not like it.

swampghost which jethro tull are you referring to, the (country?) singer or the 70's rock band? i like aqualung and bungle in the jungle from the 70's rock band.

i have found on occasion that if i fire my .22 rifle fast enough it sounds like an old typewriter.

I'm with the others who don't want music "out there". I normally have the radio tuned to the local classic music station, but that's just pleasant distraction when I'm moving between brass picking places.
Where I shoot, you get all kinds (the outskirts of Las Vegas). It's not just shooting practice and brass collection. Situation awareness is very important; especially since there are often people who endanger me and others. It's normally out of range ignorance, but malice is always a possibility. Thanks, but I would much rather pay attention!

I'm with drail on this"Ride of the Valkyries".I do believe Apocalypse Now from way back when made it famous.

Nothin like the smell (napalm in the morning)
in my case theres nothing like the smell of gun powder in the morning.

Come on, look at my forum name........

Anything by Zakk and Black Label Society
zakk-wylde-gibson-zv.jpg

and TYR (Viking/Folk Metal)

Last edited:
I don't listen while shooting, but afterwards or before or inbetween, I rock opera or sometimes classical.
Phantom of the Opera soundtrack (Andrew Lloyd Weber) is pretty awesome:D
Josh Groban
Andre Bocelli
Beethoven
A CD with various opera on it

The only different sounds:
Beethovens' Last Night by Trans-Siberian Orchestra

I missed this thread when it was active 14+ years ago, welcome to TFL Iron Lord, if you wish, start a new thread on the subject.

closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back