Shooting in my town, 2 dead

Though I also see no one has attempted to answer my last question that if the 2 dead were armed would they have had time to react and defend themselves?

Probably because, without being there in person and witnessing the whole situation, it's a unanswerable question. Too many unknown variables and scenarios. Add to that the fact we don't know how proficient either of the brothers were with firearms. Do we even know for sure they were unarmed?

Carrying doesn't give you any guarantees other than giving you a chance to go down fighting as opposed to on your knees and getting a bullet in the back of your head after watching your loved ones die. The situation, your situational awareness at the time and your proficiency with your weapon has much more to do with it than just having a gun on you.

buck460XVR thank you for the attempt at a response to the question. I do understand the points were are making and agree. I also believe that even if they were armed and trained I don't believe they would have had time to react. I believe the last thing they expected was to have a gun drawn on them.

One of the reasons I do not carry when out is because I believe too many times the crime/attack happens so fast and unexpectedly that would never be time to react anyways. Being blindsided as it were.

Looking at the question again I see that maybe it wasn't expressed very well. Sorry.

Back